1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alpine IVA-W205 Dash kit etc. help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KRich, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 20, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Hi all,

I have the opportunity to purchase an Alpine IVA-W205 and am wondering about the equipment needed to mount and integrate it. I want to know what your guys opinions are on the best double-din dash kit (I think I want to go with gray and have heard that the metra kit is the best). I am also thinking about getting the PAC-TR7 to bypass the Alpine lock. Lastly, is the Pac SWI-Jack the best option to integrate the steering wheel controls? Thanks for any input!

2. Feb 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I have never had a metra so I cant Comment, but the schoche ones are decent. I had a problem with the clip popping off when I took it out one time, but other than that htey match and work perfectly.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120998214/Toyota-Tacoma-In-dash-Receiver-Kit-Black.html?tp=3121

Also good info on that site (Even if you don't buy from it) in the recommended accessories. Just find what you are looking to do with the specific head unit, get the part number and hit ebay.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500IVAW205/Alpine-IVA-W205.html?search=alpine+iva

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 20, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    chadabear

chadabear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB 4x4
    Good choice on unit. I have the samo one in mine. I friggin love it. I haave the metra color match kit and it fits good, other than the button for the hazards gets hung on the side of it. I accedently bump it sometimes when playin with radio. Im not sure if it is the face or the install. I'm just to lazy to take it apart to fix.

4. Feb 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Hey Chadabear, good to hear that you like the unit. I have heard that the display is pretty plain on it but I am hoping that if I get a good wallpaper for it that it will look not too bad. Of course, sound is the big factor but looks count too. I used to have the single din CDA-9857 and I am surprised that these units with the big screens don't have more in the way of visualizations etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top