1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is the single best thing we can do for our health

Discussion in 'Health' started by neontrail, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Dec 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    neontrail

neontrail [OP] ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  2. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    The Driver

The Driver Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO.
    Vehicle:
    '02 Extra cab 4X4 TRD SR5 3.4
    Aftermarket tranny cooler, 5100 Series Bilsteins, ToyTec Bilstein front coilovers, SPC UCA's, Alcan leafs, Class 3 Hitch, Tundra Front Brakes,
    Improve your diet. After that exercising, but if your diet is crap, no amount of exercising will help you.

3. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Really it's when the two come together that most of the magic happens. Either in a vacuum is vastly decreased in effectiveness.

As for the answer to the OP: Don't be obese.

4. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    berg2065

berg2065 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    11 reg cab 4x4
    5100's set at .85,eibachs, LR uca's, toytec 1.5" aal, ride rite bags, receiver hitch, ARE cap with bedrug, Thule rack, wet-okole cover, ultragauge, kenwood dnx5180 navi/receiver, ss rubi404 running factory doors and JL8
    This thread would make for a good poll ?

I am going to throw 'stress management' out there

5. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Live life like you're going to die , because you're gonna

6. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

No, you...see, the title is rhetorical. The answer is very well known in modern medicine. Exercise.

You need to not be a useless slug.

Driver has a point about diet: You have to eat food, not a lot of the plastic that is sold as food today but really isn't. But as long as you're actually eating something digestible, staying moving is priority #1.

7. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    and cigarettes are bad too

8. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    im an ER nurse. diabetes and heart disease suck, some people are stuck with one or both from birth but in most people both are preventable. so i think that the worst things are obesity and smoking.

9. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Might not be the best place to mention this but what ever... haha

I've noticed a trend (I'm sure others here have noticed it or have actually done it) but it seems to me that people who are single are in better shape over all, as opposed to people who are in a steady relationship.

I've seen over and over again how some people become really inactive in a relationship (I'm talking about relationships with no kids/babies involved), and if for some odd reason it ends, they tend to lose some weight/get back into shape. Mainly cuz they all of a sudden "have time" again.

I would like to know if it's a subconcious thing people do (lose weight after getting out of a relationship) in order to "attract a mate" so to speak. :laugh: then that person may find him/her self in another relationship, and as soon as it starts going steady "Oh here comes the weight again :rolleyes: ".

Sure the exercise can also be attributed to relieving stress/feeling better about themselves, but I still find it kinda weird how it stops as soon as they find some one else.

Now I'm not saying this is true for everybody, but I see it more often than not. anybody wanna throw in their two cents?

10. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Your right.. I was working out a lot when I was single and was in better shape. Why, I was on the prowl! Now I'm married with In house Poon-tang, the need to shape up and look good really isn't needed anymore.
    I do still hit the gym, but maybe 2-3 times a week vs. 5-6 times a week.

11. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Half the purpose of a relationship is to be able to let yourself go.

Let's not even talk about marriage.

[​IMG]

12. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    The phenomena you are speaking of is commonly referred to as the "Love Chub."

But, yeah. Many, if not most people tend to drop some LBs after breaking up. Part of it is because they want to attract a mate, part of it is because they have more time, part of it is revenge.

Another thing to watch out for is if your significant other starts working out while you are still in a relationship. Sometimes an indicator they are going to dump you.

There's a lot to the Love Chub, though. One is definitely a decrease in flexible personal time. "Honey, I miss you and I wish you were home" tends to cut into the gym time, not to mention having to sync your eating habits. I know that when I am in a relationship (that I actually give a crap about) I tend to add about 10-20 lbs. because all of the sudden I'm eating out more, eating more dinners and watching motherfucking Glee when I should be running or taking the dog on a hike.

I think the reason a lot of married people get obese is so they can die faster and escape their own personal hell.

13. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

:rofl:

14. Dec 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    Frankoo1234

Frankoo1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 05 Taco PreRunner
    Running boards, Tint
    i say EVERYTHING IS ABOUT BALANCE... if you have a little bit of everything you will be great! my dad is a very healthy person runs is active eats very well.. likes his salad... BUT!! he ate to much and i guess over did the vitamin the salads and stuff he ate and effected a bunch of stuff in his body.. blood pressure and what not.. (there are a lt more details but thats the main idea) he ate regular food and he slowly came back to "normal"

Products Discussed in

To Top