1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Temp Help. Please

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Grande, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    Grande

Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    so i did the overhead temp gauge fix, with the soldering of the lil loose chips things, it worked, but i dont get a temp, i get the compass part but not the temp,
    like it is in the pic,
    anyone kno what i could do so i can hav the temp part working...any insight would help, thanks fellow taco drivers :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  2. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
  3. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Have you gone for a drive yet?

When I did mine it read like 110F when I started it back up. It was 65F outside. Went and drove around for 20 mins and it came back to it's senses.

4. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea, ive been driving with it like that for a 6 days now, i did the fix mod last weekend....

5. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Check all the wiring connections, maybe the sensor circuit is open? Sometimes I get a pin pushed out of a plastic connector and not making contact.

6. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    i thought i was a sensor problem or sumthin so i unhooked my battery for like 20 mins and nothin....but all my gauge lights and stereo lights looked brighter after i hooked it back on....it coulda just been me tho :(

7. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:

will do...getting that piece off was a B****, i do it again tho...the guy on youtube made it look so easy :rofl:

8. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    atleast the lights actually come on now, so i kno im getting somewhere....ill check back n a bit and tell u guys what i saw after i took it back off and checked all the connections....anyone happen to know where the actual temp sensor is, maybe thats loose or dirty or damaged, or just coverd in mudd :D

9. Dec 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    thomas also has a new battle scar from last weekends adventure, its dark out already but ill try and snap a pic, its a brutal scar....

10. Dec 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    I didnt have any trouble getting it off, Just unscrew and pop it off...

11. Dec 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    The temp sensor is behind the upper grill on a vertical brace below the good latch.

12. Dec 16, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea i kno, i just have a thing with breaking things that just pop off, i pushed back and up from the front plastic piece and it comes off, i just have a bad history with door panels on friends cars to replace speakers :(

i checked all the connections and everything was connected good enough,to what i saw, im starting to think its the actual temp sensor now :(

13. Dec 16, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    i took pics of the battle scar, but my cell phone got disconnected, F'n sprint!! but ill post a pic of it sooner than later, lets just say i shoulda invested in some sliders.....

14. Dec 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Here's a pic of the battle scar, i had a better one but i guess it didnt save on me phone, its under the passenger door, kinda hard to see in this pic....

first pic is the day it happen, the street looks like a street outta the movie Iam Legend, its all overgrown and stuff, if anyone is familer with SCV, its the old part of San Fransquito that washed away from the crazy rain storm a couple years ago, i managed to get in and mess around back there, crazy scenery, but on the way out i got the battle scar from a concrete barrier, like the ones on freeways...long story :eek:

and my temp gauge still isnt working to its fullest, o well, atleast i know which direction im heading now :D

IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top