1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got hit on the way home from work

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fed Taco, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Dec 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Then I must be lucky. Mine has never gone up. Over the years I've reported accidents or hit and runs but never made a claim against my own insurance. My rates have gone down quite drastically. I have to have high coverage because of what I own. But then again I have all kinds of silly discounts so maybe that's what's helping - good driver discount, good grades discount, multiple car discount, theft deterrent discount, non smoker discount, old person discount, a certificate of law enforcement driver training, etc...

2. Dec 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jesus, i didn't know there were that many, i got good driver and old person i think

3. Dec 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Yep. If you have an alarm or locks on your wheels that helps. A pull out stereo helps too.

If you take classes and can furnish a report card, you get a discount too because good grades show that you can concentrate and pay attention to detail.

I used to work for an insurance broker so I learned all of this - they won't TELL you because they don't want to lose money - you should ask. Some insurance companies will honor certain ones, others won't.

4. Dec 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    pauoolmojica

pauoolmojica Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport Debadged
    fx-r bixenon retrofit plasti dipped wheels trd floor mats debadged remove mudflaps blacked out grill emblem tinted windows
    damn dude, sorry about your truck.

that pisses me off about those guys. i'm sure the cops will serve justice. keep us updated!

5. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks like something you'd need to hang a red flag on.

Plus, then you might end up with "pissed off armed road rager" not just driving away as a hit-and-run, but stuck to your hitch so you can't get away either.

6. Dec 19, 2011 at 4:56 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Damn that sucks! Did you actually see any coolant leaking out though? The 'steam' you seen may very well have been the freon from the a/c condenser. It sits in front of the rad so it would be damaged first before the rad. But if it was enough to make the ac system lose pressure you would think it danger the rad as well, you never know.
    Also is it legal to have tongues and tow hooks in your hitch while you're not towing something? Up here in Saskatchewan it's illegal because it cause more damage lol. Still it's not really enforced all to well

7. Dec 19, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    Fed Taco

Fed Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cale
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Wheels & Tires, weathertech floor liners, Areo Turbine Exhaust

I didn't see coolant leaking but I could smell it when I was following them to get the plate.

Still haven heard from CHP about if the car was found or not, I will call them later today after work.

8. Dec 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    A spike, Like a short harpoon?

I sometimes leave the ball hitch or recovery shackle in and call "My texting while driving deterrent"

9. Dec 20, 2011 at 4:27 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Ahhh that's shitty. Unfortunately if they didnt catch them right away I doubt your chances are very good. If the vehicle wasn't stolen you would think they would have tracked them down by now. Hopefully everything works out for you!

10. Dec 20, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    OK, this thread has put the rec hitch back on my to do list. I don't tow but have bike rack and recovery shackle from my 05 left. I'm getting one to reinforce my rear bumper if for nothing else than a place to put the oem square plastic cover back in. OP, sorry for the asshat action, hope they get caught, glad you're OK & yeah, probably not worth making ins claim even as hit and run. The deductible would be less but then as has been stated, would have no fault accident on your record and be charged more or knocked out of discounts you have earned.

Products Discussed in

To Top