1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okole Seat Cover Install - 2011 TRD Sport

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by joelong0004, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    joelong0004

joelong0004 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Manteca, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma, TRD Off-Road
    - Rancho 2.75" quick lift with Skyjacker leaf packs - Rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks - 32" tires - New 16" wheels with "0" off-set - Borla ProXS exhaust - nfab nerd bars - Weather Tech floor mats - Wet Okole seat covers
    Just got my WO seat covers and I am installing the front seat covers and I am putting the WOs directly over the stock seats. Do the stock seat covers need to come off first? If so, I am not happy with the design. I hope I am wrong and someone can help.

- Joe

- Joe

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    No, they just fit directly over. When I installed mines on my older truck, they were a very tight fit and what made it harder was the fact that the material from the covers and the material from the seat kinda "stuck" together.

What about it don't you like You got any pics

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    joelong0004

joelong0004 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Manteca, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma, TRD Off-Road
    - Rancho 2.75" quick lift with Skyjacker leaf packs - Rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks - 32" tires - New 16" wheels with "0" off-set - Borla ProXS exhaust - nfab nerd bars - Weather Tech floor mats - Wet Okole seat covers
    The back of the cover for the front seat is identical to the stock OEM cover from the factory. Without modifying the OEM cover or taking it off, the front side of the seat cover will not connect to the Velcro in the back. The directions are vague and not specific to the truck. With better instructions it would be better. I will more than likely return these.

- Joe

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    Keep working at it. I've got wet Okoles on my 2011 sport. Right over the stock seats and covers.

They are a pain in the ass to get on. But the tight fit is worth it ;-)

I love my seat covers.

5. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    I'm pretty sure these will stretch out a little. My advise would be to put them on without attaching the straps, then parking your truck in the sun with the windows rolled up so that the material heats up a little. I'm pretty sure it will be much easier to work with and will end up fitting right!

EDIT: Try out what I stated above, if that still doesn't work, I live about 20 mins away and next time I go into town I can stop by to see if they have and tips as thet do installs at the shop there!

6. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
    i heard someone on here put babypowder on the seats to make it easier

7. Dec 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    g34rh34d

g34rh34d Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '08 4 DR TRD Off Road - ICON Stg 1 Adjustable Coil Overs ~3" lift, UCWMS, Airbags
    UCWMS; ICON Stg 1 Adjustable Coil Overs ~3" lift/shocks; Diff drop Spacers; Light Racing UCAs, Firestone Airbags
    I received my WO seat covers and installed them today..! (Pics forthcoming)

Here are the steps I took:

1. I removed the 4 bolts at the bottom of each seat. (This just makes it easier IMO.)
    2. I pried open the small loops holding the lower "carpeted section" of the OEM seat cover, and slid the straps out of them. I left the loops in place in case I need to reattach the OEM seat covers back to norm.
    3. slipped the seat cover (lower) portion on first, and fished the attachment straps between the outside plastic portion of the seat, around the back and cinched everything tight.
    4. Rolled up the remaining strap material and tucked it between the seat springs and seat cushion to keep them from dangling.
    5. Slipped the upper portion of the seat cover over the back, and then tucked the carpeted flap of the OEM seat cover upwards between the seat cover back and the seat.
    6. tucked the seat cover between the seat and back and attached the Velcro as designed.
    7. Used a plastic trim tool to tuck the seat cover in all the areas around the outer plastic trim, nooks crannies etc.
    8. Reinstalled seats, seat bolts and put covers over the headrest and put them back on.
    Took me about 2 hours total with some trials and tribulations. But they look GREAT!

:thumbsup:

Updated with a couple Pics.

100_1271.jpg
    100_1283a.jpg
    100_1285.jpg
    100_1289.jpg
    100_1290.jpg

8. Dec 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    sparkystaco

sparkystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    3" lift? A.R.E cap 285/70/17 moto metal 955 17x9
    I did the same as g34, but I unscrewed the plastic sides on the seat part which made getting the seat covers and straps on & snugged up much easyer.

and as a side note: it took about 2mos. for the smell to go away, but the w.o. have seemed to shrink (?) to fit like factory

9. Dec 21, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    The tighter, the better

Products Discussed in

To Top