1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bedrail Cap attachment broken?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by adammarcw, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Dec 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    adammarcw

adammarcw [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma V6 4X4 SR5
    Hello,

I have been reading this forum for a few months and think it's great that a centralized forum exists.
    I just purchased my first Tacoma and am so far thrilled with it, because of this forum I knew to get an E-Z hose clamp and now I don't worry about my tailgate running away.

Today I received my rocky mount's bedrail mounted locking bike rack (The Clutch SD) and installed it on my truck. The install went very well, and it was extremely easy to do. It's below freezing today, so I didn't take my bike anywhere but I plan on writing a full review when i do.

I noticed when I took the small plastic cover off the rail behind the cab that end of the rail cover on the rail going down the bed had a black plastic tab covering it that didn't look correct- like a bent piece of plastic being forced out of shape (with a hole in, and what appears to be the bottom snapped off). This piece has a yellow x in a circle hand written on slight up the tab.

When I looked on the passenger side it appears this tab is behind the bed rail cover, and behind a small black plastic cap. Daylight update - But still a split bottom with the same yellow mark- does any one else have this?

It appears the driver side bedrail cap attachment point arrived broken, as if someone had pulled it towards the outside of the truck to the point the attachment point broke by splitting the bottom.. Or does this tab not hold the bed rail cover on at all?

Any feedback will be appreciated. The truck is a week old so I can bring it back to the dealership and have them (replace?) the cap cover. If that piece of plastic is broken I don't see how they could repair that without replacing it?

here is a photo
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9569349@N07/6592347329/
    Also does anyone know if the 2011 double din stereo faceplate fits the 2012? I searched around the forum and couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top