1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intake After Fiberglass Fenders

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by jdkeller, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Jan 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller [OP] How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    So there is no filter right there??? Where and how much?
    What good would that do if there's no filter?

2. Jan 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    silver taco

silver taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
    Hey JD, up at the top of the page he says he needs to buy a new filter.

3. Jan 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Ahh. Thanks! Didn't catch that. So with those filters are they reusable?

4. Jan 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    When I pulled my liners I unbolted the intake tube and ziptied it at the back of the firewall. You loose the factory CAI but... it's out of the elements. My end solution was to run a snorkel but you guys don't really have that option. Maybe some of those POM rivets and find a way to reattach the liners? I've been thinking about that recently. I'd like to try to reattach mine (I pulled them to cut my fenders). I'm figuring aluminum rivets, possibly the POM plastic ones.

5. Jan 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I really like socalrunner's. That's a lot of money or that though. I may just do it though. I was thinking about making a little box out of the stock splash guard using jb weld or something and then just bolt it over the tube.

6. May 23, 2018 at 8:03 AM
    Carl_z33

Carl_z33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    Did you guys figure anything out? I trimmed my fenders and it left the intake exposed. I’m thinking of just plugging the hole or is that a bad idea? Also thought about putting shower liner to cover it

Products Discussed in

To Top