1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CNNMoney Come back of American car

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by BlueT, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    BlueT

BlueT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/05/autos/american_cars/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

Wow this is funny reading.
    I am a shady tree mechanic so when I am looking at brand new car I see maintenance items, how easy is to get to them, or Parts quality. I also hear every squeak, knock and thump. Number of cup holders or number of speakers is irrelevant to me.
    So either the rest of the population is getting dumber or these ratings are spoofed. :confused:
    Recently I looked at few new American cars more because of curiosity then anything and OMG talking about pieces of junk.:eek:

2. Jan 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    I was brought up in a "Proud" G.M. family. Dad worked there, both brothers worked there my Uncle and brother in law too. I did not work there but always believed G.M. was the best product ever made. I believe this true up until the mid 70's then their cars went to junk. The stories I heard about the drinking and drugging on the job were almost unbelievable but true. Back then it was nearly impossible to get fired as the union was so strong. I have heard the same thing about American cars being on par with todays Japs but it would take me a lot of convincing to get me to buy another big 3 car.

Products Discussed in

To Top