1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Deployment...Have some questions

Discussion in 'Military' started by 68Whiskey, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    burnt_tiger

burnt_tiger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bakersfield CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab 4x4 longbed
    viper 5900 automatic start/alarm, pioneer avic-d3 indash gps UWS black truck box black tube steps, blue sea fuse block wet okoles console vault AFE oil free drop in air filter. hose clamp mod 5% tint Cobra 75 CB
    alot of people have commented on comfort items but you need to make sure your kit is squared away. that may mean getting a new aid bag that is bigger and better organized, new mag pouches, surefire for your m4, new drop leg holster, ect, ect. Remember there is better gear out there.

get oakley eyepro (maybe 2 because you dont have time to change lenses sometimes)
    comfy earpro (get a second backup set that has the plastic line attaching em and keep them attached to your k-pot so you can take em out fast and not lose em)
    GOOD gloves
    and good boots!!! cant stress this enough!!! I like the 5.11 HRT series,nice and light. Oakly is good too.
    i would recomend looking into getting some FR underarmour or some other brands of FR clothing. (FR boxers/shirt saved my ass)

get someone to stand by and mail all the comfort stuff to you when you get a APO address. You will live and die by the quality of your gear, even worse others will to.

2. Jan 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    ross123

ross123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fort bragg
    if your gunna stay at KAF just blast your self in the face now. ive been here for a few weeks waiting to go home. and id rather be at my site where there's no running water or food besides MRE's and Halals.

3. Jan 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    KAWAIANIANI

KAWAIANIANI Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    TRD BLACKED OUT
    Weather tech stone deflector, Craven speed stubby antennae,DTLT and rear O2 Sims, URD Y pipe, 40 series flowmaster w/ 3" piping. Urd maf calibrator, TRD supercharger, TRD CAI.
    Thank you for your service, be safe and make the best of it. As a former vet from storm, despite what is going on I meet the greatest people, had some of the best experiences and been places that I never though in my wildest dreams I would go to. You are begining a great/honorable journey in your life.

4. Jan 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    GIJared

GIJared FNG

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Try 11 months in this shithole. Frankly, its a miracle I haven't blasted myself in the face. 3 more weeks...

5. Jan 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    ross123

ross123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fort bragg
    you must be one of the many 101 dudes running around here. yeah i know you guys are leaving the same time we are.

6. Jan 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    05TacoSr5

05TacoSr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Edmond, OK
    Vehicle:
    Gone but not forgotten
    Make doubly sure your Will is updated. I work in the Personal Property and I've seen enough family feuds at delivery because the Will wasn't updated.

7. Jan 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    05TacoSr5

05TacoSr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Edmond, OK
    Vehicle:
    Gone but not forgotten
    X2 on what he said.

8. Jan 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    Murph

Murph Go Pack Go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fox Valley, WI
    Vehicle:
    2000 Extra Cab TRD O/R
    3" lift. American racing 15'' rims. 33x12.50 BFG A/T tires. tool box. ARB bumper, mile marker winch, kc highlights. No carpet inside sprayed with bed liner. Kicker door speakers. Alpine head unit.
    If you want some awesome gloves in your life get these!
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-hellstorm-fury-commando-with-kevlar-gloves.html

Mine have lasted a 12month deployment in Iraq and 2 years in garrison field training.

You should ask and see if your unit will allow you to wear Merrell hiking boots.
    http://www.basspro.com/Merrell-reg-...port-Mid-Hiker-for-Men/product/10221255/91326

If not I highly suggest the Oakley boots there fantastic.
    I like this for my magazines http://www.amazon.com/Triple-Stacke...TF8&coliid=I24S0MKPDL2A48&colid=2KOLCS2GUDDQW

Get this for your i pod!!! http://www.amazon.com/PELICAN-1015-...TF8&coliid=I3BD4717U45NJP&colid=2KOLCS2GUDDQW

9. Jan 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    good luck and God Bless...The govt should supply you guys with some of those little extras, I'm tired of all the bloated wages the fat cats in washington get while the men and women who do all the nasty work get crapped on.

Products Discussed in

To Top