1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TacoDawgfan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jan 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I have ran across a deal on a set of 16x8 Moto Metal 951. I kinda like 17's better but I think I can get a set of the 16's brand new for about $330-$350. I've been looking thru the forum at pics for a while and kinda like the look of the 17's better but I know tires will be cheaper for the 16's. If I'm gonna pay retail price I'd probably get something different if going the 17 route. So my questions are how much weight difference is there or how can I find that info? And how about the weight difference of the tires? I know each make will be different but what about in general, will a smaller wheel with more sidewall weigh less than the bigger wheel with less sidewall? Just wondering how much each will affect mpgs?

[​IMG]

2. Jan 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    Tom badger

Tom badger Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sr5 4x4
    Nothing yet besides a new head unit very eager
    I would, I think I bigger side walled tire looks good within reason of course

Products Discussed in

To Top