1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need exhaust and intake advice!!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Christianson.USMC, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    Christianson.USMC

Christianson.USMC [OP] WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Jacksonville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4wd Sport 4.0 sbed JBL Dcab,3'' lift etc
    TRD Intake, Borla exhaust,JBA long tube headers, DT Y Pipe, Light Racing UCA's, Jet Throttle Body spacer, lifted 3.5" front 3"back. Grill guard w/ KC lights, Stepsides, Tint, hood protector, window visors, Caltrend neopreme seat covers, weathertech mats, HID fog and headlights, 1" wheel spacers front .5 rear, brakelight guards,265/70/r17 till they die and can get 33's, more to come
    I have a 2011 yota 4wd sbed crew cab sport.

Should i get the the Borla, Flowmaster, TRD Cat back exhaust.

TRD, AEM, AFE, which intake?

Are throttle bodie spacers worth it and are they better matched with intake and exhaust??

2. Jan 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    What are you trying to accomplish? The stock intake is a cold air intake so you'd be better off just getting a new drop in filter like an AFE or the TRD filter. All you'll get with an aftermarket cold air intake is noise and possibly better throttle response. Some will actually cause you to lose power. One of the better cold air intakes is the AFE Stage 2 Si and URD makes one that pulls air from the front of the radiator.

As far as the exhaust, go to youtube, look for sound clips and choose the one you like the best.

3. Jan 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
  4. Jan 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    Christianson.USMC

Christianson.USMC [OP] WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Jacksonville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4wd Sport 4.0 sbed JBL Dcab,3'' lift etc
    TRD Intake, Borla exhaust,JBA long tube headers, DT Y Pipe, Light Racing UCA's, Jet Throttle Body spacer, lifted 3.5" front 3"back. Grill guard w/ KC lights, Stepsides, Tint, hood protector, window visors, Caltrend neopreme seat covers, weathertech mats, HID fog and headlights, 1" wheel spacers front .5 rear, brakelight guards,265/70/r17 till they die and can get 33's, more to come
    I have heard good things about about AFE but not K&N. What about throttle body. I usually put them on together and it gives a nice growl to previous vehicles.
    You dont think there is a difference in performance between all the cat-back exhauast out there and just go by sound??

5. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
  6. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    rhewins13

rhewins13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    rhode island
    Vehicle:
    2013 sr5 debadged
    3" toytec lift, 20" chrome wheels with 295/55 r20 nitto trail grapplers, leer 100xr cap w/ thule bars
    All you are going to get out of both is sound. Go with what you know, or look at sound clips on youtube for the exhaust. As far as intakes, I hear good things about afe. I have a flowmaster 40 series muffler on my truck and I love the sound.

Products Discussed in

To Top