1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Taco Guy11, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Sorry to post this i feel like this has been asked several times but i just need some understanding. I have a 2011 double cab tacoma 4x4 i run 265/70/17's on stock sport wheels. I just got a new set of Ultra Rogues with 265/70/17 Goodyears on them for Christmas. I'm thinking about a lift here after winter. I was thinking about going with a 2.5" spacer lift but after reading on here you guys scared the shit out of me. My trucks new aprox. 7k on it. I want something that is going to last and not really harm the truck its still gots lots of warranty left. How does lift effect this? Ok so i been looking on wheelers and toytech. I'm thinking 2.5 or 3" i know ill need upper control arms i like the Light Racing UCA's since they keep a factory style sealed ball joint. I live in western Maryland and the salt here in winter is hell so i figured this would be the best now what for lift? I dont really off road much and if i do im not super hard on the truck this is my daily driver but i do hit a mud hole when the mood strikes not to often. So i would like something to ride decent for a truck and perferably be around the $1500 dollar range. The LR UCAs are like $450 so the leaves a $1000 Im willing do go a little more or less on budget. Ill prob end up having someone put this on since i dont really have the place or tools to do this unless i can round my friends up. So do i go 885 OME, Toytech Ultimate Lift, 5100 and Eibachs. Open to ideas for now i will prob go with AAL in the back and maybe down road get new leaf packs. Thanks for any help or input. Sorry for all the question but im new to the lifted thing i had my old chevy leveled but that was simple sorry if this is somewhere already on here which it kinda is.
    p.s. I'm going to run 265/70/17's since i have two new sets on both wheels.

Truck.jpg

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    With that size tire I would try and stay closer to 2" a 3" lift might look funny on that tire. Also I would go OME or 5100's with Eibach coils & a AAL I wouldn't go for the ultimate lift its just 5100"s with some threads (that don't adjust easy) and seeing how you get salt they will be stuck after one winter. That's what I would do

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    Taco Guy11

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Thanks for the input hum ill have to look for picture of 3" with 265's i would like to run 285's but not sure when that will be considering i run summer and winter tires and there both new

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    98regstick

98regstick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB SR5
    OME 90021 with 885s and top plate spacer, 2" AAL, OME rear shocks, Camburg Uniball UCAs, OME CB Drop, 285/75/16 BFG AT's on Level 8 Guardian wheels
    for light racing UCAs, check out Amazon or fat bob's garage for somewhere in the neighborhood of $380 (mine were $380 shipped off amazon, search under "SPC UCAs" or something like that, part #25470).

as for your lift, it's your call. also depends on how much you wanna spend. OME and billie's/eibachs seem like they'd fit the bill pretty well. the toytec ULK might be a little much for what your purposes are, however having the capability to adjust your coilovers is a bonus.

some others with experience on the aforementioned lifts will likely chime in.

5. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    Taco Guy11

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Thanks for the input ill have to check out Amazon i just liked how the LR UCA are sealed i dont thin a uni-ball UCA would do very well with the salt and crap around here.

Products Discussed in

To Top