1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to keep yourself from snacking/gorging

Discussion in 'Health' started by 07TacoRidah, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Jan 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    I'm not sure if its been mentions before, I'll admit i haven't read this whole thread, just the opening post :crapstorm:.

But eating a verity of fruits and veggies with your big meals will make you not snack as much. In a nut shell, you body is basically saying it wants the nutrients that are in these foods that it did not get from its last meal. As you munch on snacks and stuff it sends signals to your brain saying "I ate something" and once your body figures out that you didn't give it what it was wanting it will make you feel hungry again starting over the cycle.

I say fruits and veggies because that is what most people are lacking. I'm vegetarian and when I notice I eat empty things (such as fries) I will snack ALOT more.

You can also eat fiber-ous foods like oatmeal. Oatmeal with some fruit is an awesome snack and it will fill you up pretty good with keeping the calories down.

Hope that help :thumbsup: and sorry if I repeated anything someone else has said.

2. Jan 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    kimo

kimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Knuckle Head
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD Sport DCLB 4X4!
    Yes, but I think more people snack when their just bored.

3. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    okie

okie Pick your poison

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    sr5 Tundra
    This was me.

I have alot of down time at my work (night shift)
    & would eat purely out of boredom.

Horrible shit like M&M's, ice cream,powder donuts etc etc..

Made up my mind to eat right (joined the gym) & stop eating all
    that crap I use to.

My main snack is mostly these..
    images_ec041b3e012122cf311eccc5829f6c57c4b403e1.jpg
    & beef Jerky.

4. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:13 AM
    The Driver

The Driver Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO.
    Vehicle:
    '02 Extra cab 4X4 TRD SR5 3.4
    Aftermarket tranny cooler, 5100 Series Bilsteins, ToyTec Bilstein front coilovers, SPC UCA's, Alcan leafs, Class 3 Hitch, Tundra Front Brakes,
    Txs for this link, LOVE IT!

Rep points for it!

5. Jan 28, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    The Driver

The Driver Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO.
    Vehicle:
    '02 Extra cab 4X4 TRD SR5 3.4
    Aftermarket tranny cooler, 5100 Series Bilsteins, ToyTec Bilstein front coilovers, SPC UCA's, Alcan leafs, Class 3 Hitch, Tundra Front Brakes,
    Eating a burger is fine. Eating a fast food burger? Bad Idea. Dude, I'm being honest, you have to map out a chart, so that you know where are you heading. Right now you are all over the place with no plan in action.

I guess I'll wish you good luck and peace out.

6. Jan 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Develop a faster metabolism. :p

7. Jan 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Guilty!

I lost 16 pounds in three months by asking myself one question every time I headed towards the kitchen: "am I hungry, or do I just need something to do?" Sounds stupid, but it worked. I do try to run or mountain bike a few times a week, but the exercise intensity did not increase at all in the three months I dropped that weight. It was all calorie intake.

And yes, eating fast food is the devil. I know ever since they put the calories on the menus, I have stopped adding enchilada sauce and cheese to my burrito (500 extra calories at Baja Fresh), stopped getting a side of guacamole at the same type of places (another 500 calories). If I go to In and Out and get a regular hamburger, fries, diet soda that's 1,000 calories right there. Make it a double with cheese and the calories shoot up. And the saturated fat content goes up to two days worth of the RDA. With my age, weight, activity level I really shouldn't be over 2,000 calories a day. Think about the small actions like that and you will see how you can cut a day's worth of calories out from a week's worth of making better decisions.

8. Jan 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    But it won't matter because all those calories will be burned off. I aim to eat as much as possible all day long...and I can still barely gain a pound. :p

9. Jan 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    It actually has been shown that eating 4-6 smaller portion meals is better for you than 3 large meals to get you through the day. This would actually help you as it fills your crave for food throughout the day.

GL

10. Jan 28, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Nah, I just think about how much worse I looked and felt before I changed my habits.

11. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Wow, you have some uh, different eating habits.

Let's see - skip breakfast, work up appetite, then crave some food? Huh?

I have a better idea. Quit eating meals and just snack all day.

12. Feb 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    started mapping things out. Harder than I thought it would be. I work a lot (doing odd jobs here and there along with design work so I go at it pretty much all day - don't sleep much anyhow, either got it normally; LOVED watching cartoons when I was younger always hit up late night or early morning ones - in hs .... not really sure about that one, mostly a blur tee hee, or in design college, semesters 1 to about 5 WERE HELL!!!!!!! late into my terms POS school FINALLY figured out how to divide Graphic Design into sections).

As of now I'm doing things slowly but surely, not trying to burn out. As for my eating ... have to really research more, which I'm not really too fond of mainly due to the part where I am sitting and not moving much.

LMAO never got hungry when I smoke (considering what I do smoke is supposed to give you the munchies - I get VERY thirsty instead).

lol I was never into eating to be honest. was on a salad binge when I was in hs but after I got out ... guess I got bored, then got fat in college, graduated lost A TON of weight (which lead to the hyper thyroid, reached 140 which was how much I was in hs ... and apparently isn't what I'm supposed to be weighing at right now). :S

Found this though, my target weight for now (since I have no clue which I am)

5'4" 132-138 135-145 142-156
    first is for small frame, med. and then large. I think I'm a large since I weigh at about 185 right now (last time I was weighed). so I'm going to shoot for 150/140. which is weird since I WAS @ 140 during my hyper thyroid diagnosis ... ... fucking doctors .... pissing me off, throwing my whole scheduling out of wack UGH!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::frusty::frusty::frusty:

so anyhow I was going to eat breakfast today ... but guess that didn't work out. going to get some lunch since its about lunch time (what hell why not), could go without it, don't feel like eating at all - just got back from a workout too (did 45 min. worth). Going to cook up some simple fish and rice .. or just the fish (rice seems to be making me fatter).

Products Discussed in

To Top