1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My New Project

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cmfranks, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    cmfranks

cmfranks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Pre-Runner 6in Pro Comp Lift
    BHLM, Pro Comp Skid Plate, AFE Drop in Air Filter, Tint, Pioneer AVH 4000 DVD,Polk Audio 6.5 components, Polk 6.5 co-ax's, Polk Audio 400.1 amp, Polk Audio 500.1 amp, (2) Polk Audio 10 in Momo subs, Mr Marv sub box, Sockmonkey decals, Redline Elite hood struts, Bak Flip tonneau cover, N-Fab Nerf bars, Painted Center Console & Window/Door Lock Panels Black, Amber LED Dome/Map Lights
    Recieved my speaker box from Mr. Marv the other day. Awsome work :D

Rattle canned it with Duplicolor Bed Liner after roughing it up alittle. So far, about 3 coats all the way around it. Not going to apply anymore, was told that it takes 7 days for it to fully cure.

Just got my Dynamat in today, 36 sq feet. That should cover the whole back wall along w/ the four doors???

Should get this installed at the first of the next week. Will post finished pics.

Speaker Box1.jpg
    Speaker Box2.jpg
    Speaker Box4.jpg
    Misc Speaker Box.jpg
    Sub Amp.jpg

2. Mar 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    cmfranks

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    BHLM, Pro Comp Skid Plate, AFE Drop in Air Filter, Tint, Pioneer AVH 4000 DVD,Polk Audio 6.5 components, Polk 6.5 co-ax's, Polk Audio 400.1 amp, Polk Audio 500.1 amp, (2) Polk Audio 10 in Momo subs, Mr Marv sub box, Sockmonkey decals, Redline Elite hood struts, Bak Flip tonneau cover, N-Fab Nerf bars, Painted Center Console & Window/Door Lock Panels Black, Amber LED Dome/Map Lights
    more pics of painted box:

Painted Speaker Box1.jpg
    Painted Speaker Box3.jpg
    Painted Speaker Box4.jpg
    Dynamat.jpg
    Painted Speaker Box2.jpg

3. Mar 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM
    EGtaco

EGtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    You used bed liner to paint the box??? Like the idea. What else can you use to coat the box? Marv is making one for me right now too.

4. Mar 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    I was thinking maybe some faux pink fur but that will only lead to this....keyhole.jpg

5. Mar 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    cmfranks

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, still seems to be holding up pretty damn good. If you use Duplicolor, call them prior to spraying. They told me to use an oil based something before using the bed liner on wood. Oh, well it still looks pretty good.

Will post some install pics next week

6. Mar 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    36 sq. ft should do it if your stingy and don't have any waste. Make SURE that you dynomat under the back windows or they'll rattle non stop. After I put fatmat on the back window there was no more rattiling in my truck. :)

7. Mar 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    cmfranks

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the heads up:)

8. Mar 11, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    cmfranks

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    Wel today, the install took place. Placed Dynamat on the rear wall of the cab and installed the steering wheel control wire. Put in the mono amp (polk 500.1) and (2) 10 inch Polk Momo subs into the box Mr. Marv made for me. As already mentioned, I bed lined the box with Duplicolor Rattle can (6cans by the way) which looked pretty good.

After removing the brackets on the rear wall as well as the child restraint hooks, the box fit pretty damn good. The only down fall was the amp rack was made to fit the dimensions for the Polk 400 amp but after the install the seat would not lock without removing the rear plastic cover of the backing of the seats. (Was told i would not have to remove them as i needed them to haul things on when needed) As far as the sound, it is ok for now. Not what i expected though.

Still need to do some fine tuning to see if i can get the subs to sound the way i had them in my previous tacoma. Will call Mr. Marv tomorrow to see if we can fine tune them alittle more.

Andy, Thanks for coming out to the house to do the install.:D

I could only take a few pics until my battery died. Will get more tomorrow.

DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg

9. Mar 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    cmfranks

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    more pics:

DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg

10. Mar 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    nice!!!

11. Mar 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Sweet! Now, cutout the plastic storage bins and finish it off! :D

cf0fe0ea_34c2546b9086e1f8bdc91fadcb5a3f3d8566b72d.jpg

12. Mar 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    cmfranks

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    yes sir, that this weekends project. like the looks of yours, but i will probably go ahead and bed line the surround as well. if it looks shitty, can always repaint it or carpet it!!!!

13. Mar 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Oh yeah, absolutely - make it match the box...

14. Mar 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Very nice! But only 975 watts? What are you? Half a man? :p jp

Products Discussed in

To Top