1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BigRed Project

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by BigRed2011, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Feb 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    BigRed2011

BigRed2011 [OP] Straight Riggin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Canada, ON
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD
    Leveling kit, TRD Pkg
    NOTE: Updates at the bottom of the pictures.

Just recently picked up a 2011 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Pkg. Been doing mod's since my first tool set as a kid. I'm really into the jeep world also but I needed a truck so here I am!

Just to start I'll list off the way I bought it.

TRD Pkg
    - Single TRD cat-back Exhaust,
    - TRD 16" Beadlock Rims in "Copper",
    - TRD Cold-Air Intake
    - 3" Leveling Kit

Also came with Bull Bar (That's coming off eventually), Rear box Step, Rearview Camera, Tonnau Cover (Soft, TriFold), Tacoma 10" Sub/Amp, etc.

[​IMG]

Future Plans:

- Bed Lighting.
    - Lift 3" - 6".
    - Straight Pipe my duals instead of off to the sides.
    - Backrack with lighting.
    - Fog light anytime mod.

Progress:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE; August 23rd 2012
    > 10k HID Hi/Low Healights and Fog Lights!
    > CB Radio (Fully functional!)
    > MBRP Dual Exhaust (Installed! Needs fine tuning, its vibrating on my leaf mounts.)
    > aFe Throttle Body Spacer installed. I realize its a fancy whistle, but it was free and I'm arrogant.
    > Gloss Black Halo Projector Headlights and "Smoked" Fog Lights (Were installed, hated them so I went stock with the HID's)
    > 2" Wheel Spacers (Caused rubbing, had to take them off until a larger lift is installed)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE; Mar 16th 2012
    The pictures I've been promising of the recent "mod's".

> Took the tonnau cover off for the spring - fall period. Needed a spot for all my crap so I installed this shiny tool box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

> I then mountain my CB radio antenna on the side of the box. I haven't completed this yet but I'll keep you all posted.

[​IMG]

> My new MBRP dual exhaust which I'm completely satisfied with. Although I got the double cab version sent to me so I had to do some trimming off the flange.

[​IMG]

> I also tacked on my 2" hubcentric wheel spacers but it is causing some rub on my front mud flaps. So, they may come off yet atleast in the front. Too bad, cause it looks awesome! Still have to install my projector headlights and smoked fog lights. From what i've read I may end up selling them and going HID retrofit. We will see! Oh, and my awesome +100HP whistle maker throttle body spacer, I'm an asshole. :)

UPDATE; Mar 5th 2012
    - Have not received all the things I ordered just yet but here's what I ordered! Pictures soon.
    > Chrome Box Tool Bin (Installed)
    > CB Radio (Already had it from my jeep, the antenna is installed)
    > MBRP Dual Exhaust (Installed, sounds awesome!)
    > aFe Throttle Body Spacer (On Order)
    > Gloss Black Halo Projector Headlights and "Smoked" Fog Lights (On Order)
    > 2" Wheel Spacers (On Order)

UPDATE; Feb 22nd 2012
    - Just picked up a bunch of new kit! List to follow:
    > MBRP Dual Exhaust: http://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-tacoma-exhaust-systems/mbrp-114588.html
    > 2" Wheel Spacers
    > Gloss Black Halo Projector Headlights and "Smoked" Fog Lights: http://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-tacoma-exhaust-systems/mbrp-114588.html
    > aFe Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacer: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250988093893&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:1123

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    RadRed06

RadRed06 Christ Follower

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Flowood, MS
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite 4x4 OR
    Lifted on 33s
    Sweet truck! Love the copper/bronze wheels

Products Discussed in