1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where To Get An Alarm Installed On Oahu?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by STOCKTRD, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    STOCKTRD

STOCKTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    In Traffic
    Vehicle:
    CustomTacos Mafia!
    Nachos, Lemon Heads, My Truck Is Stock!
    Looking to get a alarm installed soon. Anyone got any info on a quality install shop. I know Security and Sound is OK but anyone know of another shop.

Oh and FYI Progressives in Aiea does really junk installs, ask me how I know!

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    Imua

Imua Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 BLACK TRD OFF ROAD 4X4 DC
    Roll n lock, Tube Step.
    I went to Professional Auto Sound in Waipahu. They were good. I got the Viper 5901 they still had in stock.

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    TACOsupremacy

TACOsupremacy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gaven
    Aiea_Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05taco
    Never satisfied
    I got mines installed @ car stereo express Aiea

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Good advice. You never know who's working on your truck.

Better yet, get the instructions for your specific truck and do it yourself. I know not everyone has the skills, but wiring is one thing that's really hard to get done right by someone else.

5. Feb 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Member

Member:
    STOCKTRD,

What makes you say that Progressive does junk installs? I just had them do mine a couple of weeks ago...

6. Feb 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    TACOsupremacy

TACOsupremacy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gaven
    Aiea_Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05taco
    Never satisfied
    Yeah i think they do it the same...and i dont think progressives is in aiea

7. Feb 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Member

Member:
    They are in Aiea, behind cutter ford...but what makes you guys say they do bad installs?

8. Feb 6, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    STOCKTRD

STOCKTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    In Traffic
    Vehicle:
    CustomTacos Mafia!
    Nachos, Lemon Heads, My Truck Is Stock!
    Had an alarm installed by Progressive in Aiea last year. A week after the install I was out driving and I hear a rattling from my AC vent.
    I pulled off a panel to see whats up and found the alarm brain and antenna were just wedged in, not secured at all.
    So I dug deeper and found alot of other problems. Loose wires in the engine compartment, open connections not covered up.
    Wires not zip tied and just stuffed in between the panel and the AC vent.

[​IMG]

9. Mar 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    I'm looking to get the same 5901 installed, how do you like it, other than the fact it's installed wrong?

10. Mar 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    bharris24

bharris24 Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Kenwood DDX-418, XD Addicts, Nitto Tires, K&N Intake, FlowMaster CatBack.
    Security and Sound gets my vote. They did my Viper in 07 when I bought the truck. They recently installed my Kenwood deck, probably going back for subs later. Never had any problems, pretty cool guys.

11. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    Shoots I'll check them out, how do you like your exhaust?

That's on my soon to do list....

12. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    bharris24

bharris24 Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Kenwood DDX-418, XD Addicts, Nitto Tires, K&N Intake, FlowMaster CatBack.
    I love it. The sound is great, not like a rice burner at all. The intake makes it sound better too (I know... "you probably lost HP", blah blah), I think there is more punch off the line and mid range too. I got the Airaid TB spacer too. I can't really tell which mod did the most difference, cuz I did em all within a week. But the combination works well for me.

13. Mar 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    Sweet I'll google that after the bar tonight when I do my drunk binge buying for my truck...
    I got weather tech floor mats last time....

14. Mar 9, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    Mr. Feeny

Mr. Feeny Active Member

Member:
    Revision Audio in Kalihi . . . Owner is a great guy to work with

15. Mar 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    LexusIS808

LexusIS808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    the alarm shop next to lex brodies queen st. they are the best. they did my clifford

16. Mar 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM
    holokai

holokai Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    Installed: OEM Bed Mat, Secondary Air Filter Delete/AFE/stock CAI elbow mod, LEDs ( Rear License Plate, Map, and Dome Lights), Ceramic Tint (Front 35%, Rear 27ish%), Viper Security, Image Dynamics Front Components, 4 channel Arc Audio Amp (rear channels bridged for sub), Kicker CVT 6.5 (yes, it's a tiny sub but it's enough to keep me happy), Headunit (Bluetooth and iPod/Pandora), EGR Window Visors, OEM Door Sill Protectors, Roll-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Fog Lights with 2500k bulbs, UltraGauge EM, Spidertrax spacers, Smittybilt Side Steps, Tooter 2.7 Intake Manifold Spacer Upcoming: LCE Headers?
    Security and Sounds. Fast and the guys know what they're doing. Some of my friends get their stuff from Revision. Either way, if they're willing to let you hang out and watch the install they won't cut corners.

That would perhaps be what I'm doing right now. . .

17. Mar 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB

Sweet thanks!!!

18. Jun 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    DJSPEC

DJSPEC @GuardianAdventures

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 & 2014 TRD SPORT DCSB & 2016 TRD-OR AC 4x4
    Viper Alarm NorthStar 31 Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 35% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows 2 Sets of Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Rigid Industries SR2 10" in HoodScoop with C4 Fabrications Hood Scoop Bracket Flowmasters Super 44 series 9942446) Firestone Destination MT/2 295/70R17 Method 702 17” 0 offset Wet Okole Seat Covers OEM Tow Hitch Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version) Matt Gecko Truck Bed LED Kit and Sliding Window Security Bar Snugtop Rebel King 2.5 adjustable front and rear Dakar HD Leaf Springs Icon tubular UCA Dirt Kings LCA
    Security and Sounds Systems! I take all my security and sound and lights requests to them. They did the viper alarm on my colorado and now my tacoma. They also installed my sub and amp in my rado. They do nice, clean installations.

Products Discussed in

To Top