1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Avid Offroad bar & Kragen GB - they don't fit between the bars, help me decide

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sook, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Feb 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    sook

sook [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    I've got an Avid bar installed that has two light tabs on the top bar. I want to get some lights on it. Better than Hella and cheaper than Lightforce. I wanted to get in on the Kragen group buy that's going on; since I'm in Arizona just a few miles from the guy running the GB, I went to pick them up. Even the 4" doesn't fit between the Avid's bars, the ballast on the lights are too deep, they hit the bumper.

Is there an alternative way to mount them between the bars?

Are the Kragens good enough that I should consider mounting them on top of the bar? I'm not really feeling that look.

Is there another light brand I should consider? I don't do anything that I NEED lights for.

I'm leaning towards passing on this steal of a deal for great lights and throwing on some Hellas after all.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328743553.021495.jpg

2. Feb 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    but they fit how you have it in the picture? id do it that way. or you can always get some new modded tabs welded on to make them fit?

3. Feb 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    sook

sook [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    Yes, the fit above like in the pic, but I'm not sure that I want to settle for above for the advantage of Kragens.

Products Discussed in

To Top