1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DT Long Tube Headers Questions....yes I searched.

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by mr.trd, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Longtubes were about 5 times easier to install than my JBA's were.

JBA = uninstall stock manifold/cut off cats/weld cats to JBA/reinstall (very tight fit)...

DTLT= uninstall stock manifold/install longtubes (easier install due to no cats: more room). you will have CEL, but will be fine, just get the O2 sim when you are tired of seeing it, or definately before inspection.

2. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    tacomakid

tacomakid Active Member

Member:
    sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2005 tacoma pre-runner
    3" revtek lift (6" lift coming soon), Rancho RS5000 shocks, magnaflow catback, K&N intake.
    CEL? wuts that?

so will it still pass smog without the cats?

what other problems could arise with the removal of the cats and bypassing the O2's?

3. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Check Engine Light :)

4. Mar 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    tacomakid

tacomakid Active Member

Member:
    sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2005 tacoma pre-runner
    3" revtek lift (6" lift coming soon), Rancho RS5000 shocks, magnaflow catback, K&N intake.

gotcha

5. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Most states will pass it for emissions test if it's like NC, which was just checking through the OBDII for codes. From what I hear Cali is pretty dang strict. You need to check with your fellow Californians...

6. Mar 11, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    mr.trd

mr.trd [OP] Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Really like that setup you have now.

I got the headers on this weekend, but the drivers side o2 sensor came out in two pieces so I had to order a new sensor. Toyota is looking into it. They called it metal transfer and it happens alot to alot of vehicles I guess. Hopefully they will warranty it. Anyway, with the new o2 sensor in my check engine light turned off on its own and I haven't installed the sim from URD yet? Does my truck not care that the cats are removed or what?

Did the pipe bomb quiet it down some cause with the headers, the factory y-pipe and a borla muffler it is pretty damn loud and a little raspy which I expected. But will the pipe bomb quiet it down any?

7. Mar 11, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock

Nope. itll still be really loud. itll be the quietest with ur stock y-pipe compared to the pipe bomb. if you want it to be quiet add another muffler to ur set up.

8. Mar 11, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    +1,,,

Only reason I went pipebomb, was to add two more resonators that the URD Y-pipe does not have. I say stay with the set up you have and and one of these:
    [​IMG]

Cost about $75ish and only $35 to have welded on... Made my truck w/JBA Headers and URD Y-pipe quiet as hell...

Check the Vibrant wed site. I think an extra muffler is overkill, especially if you still have you're rear cats...

Products Discussed in

To Top