1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 Tacoma Double Cab for sale..

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by KB123, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    KB123

KB123 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Doublecab 4WD
    So I've got this Tacoma that I don't drive much anymore because I've got a company car that I use most times. I think I put 2k miles on it over the last year..at most. I'd like to keep, but it takes up room in the driveway and I know there are some 1st gen fans out there that can't find good, low mileage trucks that have been well cared for and loaded. Economy seems to be coming back and for those who have been holding off the last few years, here is your shot. Its not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Specs:
    2001 Tacoma Double cab. Radiant red/Oak interior
    3.4L V6
    4 speed automatic transmission
    4 wheel drive
    SR5 AND TRD Off road package with receiver hitch AND convenience package (bed liner, bed extender, hood protector, running boards)
    Undercover brand solid bed cover with locks
    VIP RS 3000 security system
    AM/FM/Cassette/CD

Purchased:
    Sept 2004 as second owner at 34K miles. Currently sits at 77K miles
    New Firestone Destination A/T tires at 52K miles
    2008: New air flow meter and thermostat
    2009: Frame replacement courtesy of Toyota. New frame, fuel/brake lines, recharged AC refrigerant, and the other replaced parts as part of the Toyota campaign at 68K miles
    2009: Added Webasto/Hollandia 600 series electric sunroof (tilt/open)
    2012: Just took in for oil change and tire rotation. Also replaced timing belt/water pump. Ready to roll for spring. Haul the boat or the family.

Price is $16K. (If you think the price is too high, there are plenty of good Chevys out there you can get cheaper.) Located in Kentucky.

DSC01057.jpg
    DSC01058.jpg
    DSC01059.jpg
    DSC01060.jpg

2. Feb 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    KB123

KB123 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Doublecab 4WD
    Updates:

Thanks for the replies back for additional info from everyone.

Attaching pics of interior, underside, and evidence of current tread condition as requested. Pics were taken this morning, so didn't have chance to wash out bottom side due to cold weather. To answer new questions.

1. New frame has a 15 year warranty from Toyota.
    2. Frame replacement was performed at a Toyota dealership and was not "farmed out" to a body shop.
    3. Frame was the biggest cost in the campaign, but they also replaced something like 1500 other items...cross members, leafs, nuts/bolts and other associated items. Does sit a little higher now and stiffer, but its new.
    No issues over the last 2 years related to this work.
    4. Battery is new and was replaced last year. Duralast Gold model 35-DLG 800 cold cranking amps.
    5. Has 3 sets of keys/fobs. Replaced fobs 2 years ago since the plastic was starting to crack. All working condition.
    6. Tried using a scale to demonstrate current tread depth, but may be a little fuzzy. Over quarter inch of depth.
    7. Has original mats. Interior is shampoo'd 2X year and exterior is waxed 4X year. Non-smoker.
    8. No cracks or dings in glass. Chrome is clean and no rust.
    9. All electrical components function. Does not leak oil or smoke.

Hopefully, this answers everyones questions.

DSC01150.jpg
    DSC01151.jpg
    DSC01152.jpg
    DSC01154.jpg
    DSC01156.jpg
    DSC01159.jpg
    DSC01161.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top