1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Streetfury's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by streetfury, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Feb 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    streetfury

streetfury [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Inland Empire
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 Access Cab
    Hey guy's this is my 2011 Mag Grey Access Cab

TRD Off-Road V6 4X4 6speed

Current Mods:

-4300K HID
    -URD True Cold Air with K&N Drycharger
    -Magnaflow 5x11x22 muffler
    -4 inch single wall angled tip with a straight rear exit
    -TRD Racing Developed Badge
    -TRD Short Shifter
    -Redline Good Suede Alcantara shift boot
    -Window tint 35% front, stock+15% rear
    -Pioneer AVIC X-940BT
    -Dynamat
    -Python 872 Alarm with Remote Start
    -Retrofit projectors with Apollo shrouds + xB LED white Halos
    -FN BFD 18" gunmetal rims with 275/65/18 Duratracs
    -Hellwig Rear Sway Bars
    -ICON shocks in the rear
    -Bilstein 5100 set at 0.85 with Toytec Springs in the front
    -Deaver AAL
    -Truck Covers USA Toneau

Future Mods:
    -Raptor Grill
    -4Runner side mirrors with puddle light
    -Caliper repaint
    -Fix passenger front speaker

Feel free to leave any suggestions or tell me what you think

Credit to shops who work on my truck. If you are in the Riverside/Inland Empire area, I recommend these places:

*Champion Auto Service
    *Jerl's Muffler and Brake

URD True Cold Air Intake with K&N Drycharger
    [​IMG]
    I decided to leave the engine cover off since it doesn't fit and I think it looks better without it

Stock exhaust
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Magnaflow muffler 5x11x22
    [​IMG]
    It's not too loud and it doesn't drone on the freeway. On cold start is actually when I like it the most because of the low rumble but after it warms up it is only loud between 2300-2800 rpm. It's a deep resonating sound but it isn't annoyingly loud. However on cold starts it doesn't have this sound between that rpm range.

**August 2012 update: The previous post ^ about the muffler sound has changed, I guess that was how it is before it broke in. Now that it's broken in, it sounds more consistent. Still doesn't drone on highway, etc. Nice deep resonating growl at lower RPM and only gets loud around 2500 rpm/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TRD Short Shifter
    The shifts do feel much better than the stock shifter. There is much less play and everything just feels really solid. It took about a week to get used to and now I don't even feel the difference in throws anymore even though I know it's much less. Reverse is a little harder to get into but it's not a big deal to me, I was expecting a real hassle to shift into reverse but it's not as bad as what people seem to say (for me at least).

[​IMG]
    Stock shifter on left, TRD shifter on right

[​IMG]
    Install. Here's a really good write up for those who are planning to put one in. http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2568

[​IMG]
    I ordered a custom shift boot from Redlinegoods.com
    It's dark charcoal, alcantara suede.

[​IMG]
    I wanted something subtle and only noticeable to people who really know a thing or two about cars, so I was glad that the color came out really close to the stock color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Finished product! With TRD short shifter and Redlinegoods custom charcoal grey Alcantara suede shift boot
    With a little work, I was able to get the little ring at the top of the old shift boot off and with zip ties I was able to fit it on the new shift boot from underneath.

Thanks Redlinegoods.com for the great shift boot. They respond so fast to the emails, I felt like I was instant messaging them. They are from Poland so being from California, they started responding to my emails around 12:30AM and they responded within ten mins usually so any questions and problems, they fix pretty fast. I placed my order and within two days, the boot was made and shipped. I received it about 12 days later. Great customer service.
    Check them out at http://www.redlinegoods.com/

My retrofits: Mini Morimoto H1, 4300k, Apollo shrouds, xB LED Halos, BHLM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top