1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My posts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Packman73, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Hey, I'm just 'me'; some people don't like it and I accept that. :)

2. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Actually, what bothers me is that most the time i agree with what you're saying but others on here dont listen to what you're saying and dismiss you as "ranting" or "ignorant" (other members words, not mine) and i for one, do no think you're ignorant. Thats what bothers me. Not to get into a political argument, but thats one of the reasons democrats have a better public image than republicans. democrats say nothing, but say it with a silver tongue so everyone buys into it. republicans say whats on their mind without sugar coating it (which personally, i believe is the right thing to do) but as a result they come across as cold, or abrasive and very unpopular. I understand that being popular is not important to some people, but part of getting your point across is being likable enough for people to want to listen to what you have to say.

The mindset of "ill say what i want and if you dont want to listen go somewhere else" is the reason people with beliefs like you me are losing to those with the silver tongues. the key is to find a middle ground of saying what you want, but saying it in a way that people will listen.

I "called you out" because you were catching flak for being too abrasive. there are a few other members that do the same thing, but i guess you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. based on the direction this thread is heading i wont mention their names now because i have a feeling all hell would break loose then, but at least one member has been banned for jumping down peoples throats.

Not sure if you're a church going man or not, but if you are, when you go to church, do you want the preacher to talk about God's greatness and his love for you or do you want to hear the baptist fire and brimstone and screaming from the pulpit, "you should all go to hell!" "you're lucky God has taken mercy on your pitiful souls!" "repent now or be forever damned!" ---- same message, but two different ways of delivering it. one way encourages members, one way runs them off. (i went to a southern baptist church when i was a kid so i know that sermon all to well)

3. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Funny how calling bullshit on bullshit makes you "Aggressive" & just because you have the balls to speak your mind about nonsense you get dismissed. Dismissal is easier than realizing hey, he's right. The irrational part is trying to get people to NOT speak up because someone's "feelings" might get hurt. That kinda limp dick nonsense is exactly why we have so many IRRATIONAL problems in this country today. People put up your panties & bust out with some underwear if you got somethin to fill them with is what I say. Grow a calous & quit bein such titty babies! Post on PackerfanXD................people need to know when they suck, they'll never learn that stupid is not the way things were meant to be unless they're shown otherwise.

4. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    this thread belongs in your private messages...... just a thought....

5. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    obviously, you didn't read what i wrote. i am all about speaking your mind. say whatever you want. say it in any manner you want. but if you want to be taken seriously, you have to say it with tact. i've said multiple times that i AGREE with packerfan. ok. i AGREE with him. this isn't about hurt feelings, its about people taking you seriously and giving your argument some serious thought. this has nothing to do with the CONTENT of what anyone is saying, it has to do with the way that the content is DELIVERED.

it started out that way but in all fairness what i said about packerfan was public so he has every right to respond publicly. as far as i know neither packerfan or myself is pissed or offended.

6. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!

there aot of funny "sayings" in this post

7. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    El Duderino 480

El Duderino 480 "The Dude"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Oceanside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 PreRunner Sr5
    K&N 77 Series,Flowmaster Exhaust, OME N140's, OME 885's, Billy 5100's, Toytec AAL's
    i just finished with one of the best shits ever

8. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    Ya'll should take this out back

9. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    was it a ghost poopie? or a surprise poopie?

10. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    El Duderino 480

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Oceanside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 PreRunner Sr5
    K&N 77 Series,Flowmaster Exhaust, OME N140's, OME 885's, Billy 5100's, Toytec AAL's
  11. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
  12. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM
    El Duderino 480

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Oceanside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 PreRunner Sr5
    :popcorn:..i want an issue of that, how much?

13. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    I agree, I don't think that either of you is offended...YET..... but I wouldn't treat this matter publicly as you know how this threads can go to shit very fast, and I don't see why this thread should be viewed in the front page of the forums, it doesn't contribute to the purpose of the site and also the ambient of the site feels dense when a thread like this shows up...

I have both of you guys in a good place in my book (well not you ND, you are an ass :p), and I wouldnt like to see a bigger discrepancy emerge between the both of you.....

just my .02 (as you gringos like to say :D)

14. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    If logic is offensive then I guess I'm an offender.

It started in an open forum so that's where it'll be finished.

I just got this months issue yesterday.

15. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Bottom line is this:

If you come and and say something like: Obama/Bush/Rush/Mccain/Tellytubbies or whatever are DUMB-ASSES, or GENIUSES, or that you're an atheist, or a God-fearin' church man, someone who thinks guns should be outlawd or thinks they should sell bullets next to the gum at 7-11, or a whole slew of other crap, guess what? People don't agree with you, and neither are you correct or wrong. So don't be surprised if people start flinging nasty shit around when subjects like these are brought up.

There is a fine line when it comes to forums, and the one thing that makes them work is when the forum is about things that the general person who is on it likes. In this case, Tacomas.

Look at it another way. I have liberal and conservative friends and family. I don't go around talking to them about politics or religion because I know a lot of them wholeheartedly disagree with my point of view. Hence I preserve the peace. We get along great.

I suggest the same attitude should be observed online as well.

16. Mar 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I was addressing the topic of this thread, not the particulars of the tiff in question. Politeness doesn't equal correct. Delivery mode does not cancel out faunky content. Complacency about calling out bullshit doesn't make things better for anyone, it makes things worse for all. Actually I did read your post & did & do agree with some or most of it too. I said what I said about the topic in general where people need to grow some thicker skin about taking critcism & being corrected when wrong instead of clinging to incorrectness or crying because someone didn't respond all nice & politelike. I know I ain't gonna be needin no therapy because someone else had a differing opinion from mine or I mispoke & got corrected. As far as the magazine cover up above goes, I'm the same in real world as what I post here & don't really care how many people approve or disapprove. I'll speak my mind in public the same way. Profanity is just extreme adjectives, words...people need to remember the little nursery rhyme wear names (or extreme adjectives) will never harm me. There's also the time & place for shit so if it isn't a situation for extreme adjectivication then it doesn't happen.

17. Mar 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    El Duderino 480

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Oceanside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 PreRunner Sr5
    hey you install the spacers yet???

18. Mar 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Nah, been trying to squeeze the tsb action out of the dealer goodwill style but that has played out negatively. Dude is still tryin to get me the leafs so I can go deal with it myself which will be just fine with me. I'm not holdin out much hope on that tho. Have the lo mileage bilsteins fr/rr, gonna get AAL/timbrens out back sooo still collecting parts but that's where it's headed.

note: no xtreme adjectivication used in the posting of this post. Savor it, lol.

19. Mar 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    The ghost ones are disturbing. It's like I know I just left a log, where'd it go? lol. .........back to the regularly scheduled programming.

20. Mar 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i feel like my point is being completely overlooked.

ahhh... i gotcha now. I was under the impression you were responding to my post but i guess what we had was a "failure to communicate". I get what you're saying now. and i agree with you, politeness does not equal being correct.

I guess the whole point of my original post in the 619 thread is this, I'm a big believer in speaking softly and carrying a big stick. If you're in the right, there is no reason to yell. Its more effective to be calm and collected, but when it comes time to back up your point you can do it with well stated arguments, facts and insight. One of my favorite political journalists/analysts is Charles Krauthammer (a regular on the O reilly factor). he is always so reserved but at the same time is able to argue the shit out of his opponents. on the opposite end of the spectrum, i find bill O reilly to be completely impossible to listen to, because he uses shock and awe tactics and just yells at his opponents until they are too flustered to argue anymore. I agree with what Ole Bill says but i just cant listen to him long enough to absorb his message

Products Discussed in

To Top