1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Daughter Wrecked my truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Raddbus, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Dec 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    Raddbus

Raddbus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    Illuminated 4X4 switch, 3" lift,
    So I've collected some pics from the last few days of the repairs. Looking like it might be finished this weekend. And my Daughter will be flying here to England on Saturday. We will be spending Christmas in Munich, Germany. I hear they really know how to Celebrate Christmas and I wanted this to be a Special Christmas for my Daughter, she is 17 and I don't know how much more time I have with her living under my roof. I haven't got much time to be with her since I had her live with me instead of her mothers. She has changed for the best. So we are going to put this expereance behind us, learn from it and Have a MERRY Christmas.

The truck is looking good, can't wait to see the front all painted SWB and install my Devil Horn emblem on. Here is a link to see the pics, let me know if it doesn't work, didn't want to load all the pics on TW.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50373275@N02/sets/72157628405348233/

2. Dec 13, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    Grats on the trip, it should be fun. My son will be 17 soon, and he's champing at the bit to get out of the house on his own. I'm excited for him, but it will be a bittersweet close to a big chapter of my life.

That P5 was nice. I had an 03, silver. What a fun car. Mazda should never have stopped making them. If it would have been a manual, I never would have let my wife trade it in.

The solid blue looks good. It's a sharp truck.

3. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    Raddbus

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    i got my truck back from the shop on friday. Had some issues that needed to be fixed that weren't done when they repaired. I ordered the T-Rex 2 eye lids and had the shop paint them along with the front grills painted to match the truck. I Love the new look.

[​IMG]

4. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    MLB YOTA

MLB YOTA Young Gun

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Martinsville, VA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma 4X4
    3" Pro Comp lift, Truxedo tonneau cover, brush bar, Sony Xplod cd player and Memphis speakers, 8" Dual Sub, JDM black tail lights, black headlights, corners, and turn signals, aFe pro dry S air filter, Deck plate, etc.
    Your truck looks mad, was your daughter about to drive? lol Just playing dude.

5. Feb 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    foomanchoo80

foomanchoo80 Active Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4 6 Speed
    Glad everyone is ok, but higher insurance from now on(?), yikes!! Also, I don't mean to be rude at all, how much weight do you have on you, that's a mighty big tacoma lean, or was that caused by the repair shop.

6. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    Raddbus

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    Not leaning, just the parking lot I'm parked in, LOL, I noticed that after I post it.

7. Feb 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Your truck is saying, "no girls allowed'.

8. Feb 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    Willfox2012

Willfox2012 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2011 tacoma access cab off road TRD4x4 V6
    Battery heater, block heater, oil pan heater, CompuSTAR 5000 ft. radius Remote Auto start, truck bed toolbox, painted rear bumper black, painted emblems black, pro comp 3" lift kit, Total Chaos UCA, N-Fab front light bar, four 170s light force lights on front, N-Fab rear bumper, two 140s light force lights on rear, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, 2 Acustic Power 1800 Watt amps, One Acustic Power 10" 2000 Watt sub-woofer, Two Acustic Power 6 1/2" 150 Watt speakers, flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back dual side end with Super 50 series muffler
    women drivers.... no survivors

9. Feb 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    FYI, those are the T-Rex 3s. I have the 2s (check sig). Truck looks great. Love the emblem.

10. Mar 1, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    Raddbus

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    They almost look the same as yours, When I bought them, the guy said they were 2's, I looked at the 3's but ordered the 2. What ever they R, I Love the new look, Thanks for the comments. Urs looks good too

11. Mar 1, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Holy blue Batman! I think that front end would look sick with BHLM and a black lower valance, just a little to break up all the blue. I like the totally painted grille though, the truck looks great!

12. Mar 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    LOL. My wife was once a nightmare behind the steering wheel as well. Took her four attempts to pass her first drivers exam and, even then, I firmly believe the examiner simply passed her out of the sheer terror of riding with her again for yet another exam. :eek:

A few months after we were married, she called the workplace (a truck rental company) to say her car was acting up. Told her to drop it off so the shop guy could fix it later at day while she drove my brand new (six months old), uninsured, van to work. Went out on a truck delivery just afterwards. When I returned to the office that afternoon, boss said she wrecked the van. He was a joker, so I laughed it off. When she came by later, saw the damage from four blocks away.

Turns out she had sideswiped a McDonalds. Wanted breakfast before heading to work. Didn't allow for the length of the van as she went around a corner of the building. And, instead of backing up to go further around, she simply floored it, dragging entire length of the van against the building. Damage started just behind driver's door, extending all the way to the rear. Repair estimates at that time (late 70's) were around $3500, mainly due to structural damage.

A few months later, that very same car died entirely. Not a drop of oil in the engine. She didn't even know how to check it. Sold it to a guy for parts. When he tried to start the engine to see how badly it was messed up, burning fuel backfired into the carburator, singeing his facial hair (eyebrows, etc) completely off. LOL. Luckily, that was her only victim.

She continued to sideswipe various things over the next few years. For example, she once sideswiped a support column in an underground parking lot, with enough force to entirely snap off the latch for the vehicle's back door. Now used to her many mishaps, I simply drilled a few holes and used long screws to secure the door closed. She has also had a couple of accidents, surprisingly none of them directly her fault (though she probably could have avoided them had she been a better driver).

Anyway, with all that said, she has now become a fairly decent driver. I'll even ride with her occasionally, something I certainly would not have done years ago.

13. Mar 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Raddbus

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    Thinking about doing a BHLM but going to wait a little. I like the all blue front & want to accent it in black. Will most likely paint all the crome badges & head lights black someday.

14. Mar 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I bet shes a firecracker in the sac?

15. Mar 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this:D

16. Mar 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    adrstout

adrstout Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    '12 4cyl SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, 265/75r16 Cooper AT3, All Pro Front Skid, KBVoodoo bed rack, a bunch of other random stuff
    Sorry about your truck but glad your daughter is fine. That is most important. My first car was a Cherokee and, yep, totaled that sucker. Went off the road and over about 8 inches of concrete culvert at 35mph. Dropped the whole front axle and cracked a rim.

Glad everyone is ok!

17. Mar 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Needless to say, it did teach me a sense of humor and considerable patience - and several ways to make really cheap repairs.

18. Mar 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    USAONE

USAONE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Stock
    Never trust nobody.

Products Discussed in

To Top