1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help installing non prewired manual cruise??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tadescorothchild, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mar 3, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    tadescorothchild

tadescorothchild [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tadesco
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma base
    So I bought all of the OEM parts including the clutch switch. Installed everything easily, only to realize I'm not prewired. Cruisecontrolestore doesn't want to sell just the harness and clutch switch cable to me. Anyone have any ideas. I need about $30 worth of wires and I'm trying to avoid spending another $200 on an entire new kit from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Mar 3, 2012 at 10:51 PM
    Hoodat

Hoodat Member

Member:
    North Idaho, USA
    Vehicle:
    06 Base + mods
    Cruise control, interval wipers, DTRL, alarm system, locking bed cubbys, disable TPMS light
    No one's answered yet, so I'll give it a shot...
    Try to get your hot little hands on a wiring diagram for your '12 to check terminal locations. I wired my '06 Base this way: Wire from ECM connector E7 pin 2 to cruise control plug on steering column. My sketch is not complete for the plug on the steering wheel end--is it pin 1 of a 12-pin connector? Check the aforementioned wiring diagram. This supplies power to the cruise control switch.
    Run another wire from ECM connector E7 pin 18 to the combination meter (gauge cluster) connector C9 pin 24 to turn on the 'Cruise' light on the dash.
    I also had to run a ground under the steering column from the 12-pin connector (?) pin 2 to ground.
    The clutch switch: you're on your own. Mine is an automatic.
    I used a CD-ROM audio connector from a computer CD drive for the wires from the ECM connector E7. The terminals on the ends of the wires are an almost perfect fit for the plugs in the Tacoma wiring, after you remove the plastic plugs from the CD-ROM audio connector, of course.
    HTH. I did this mod a year and a half ago, and my memory is hazy, as is my sketch of it. If this is somewhat helpful but you need more information, post back or PM me.
    Hoodat

My mind is like a steel trap--rusty and illegal in 37 states.

3. Mar 4, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I can sell you the harness that I have. My truck was prewired so I bought it for no reason and couldn't return it. Send me a PM if you want it and I'll dig it up and get some pics to ya.

4. Mar 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    tlh178

tlh178 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    terry
    lake huron/sag bay
    Vehicle:
    2012 4WD reg cab/ 02 SR5 Prerunner/07 FJC 4WD
    a write up on install would help me out. i plan on doing that soon!

5. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    Looks like you have good options above, another idea would be to buy the kit, then sell the individual switches, someone with a pre-wired truck would be all over that.

6. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    Hoodat

Hoodat Member

Member:
    North Idaho, USA
    Vehicle:
    06 Base + mods
    Cruise control, interval wipers, DTRL, alarm system, locking bed cubbys, disable TPMS light
    There is a good write-up over on Toyota Nation. There are (or were) links here or on TN to wiring diagrams. I also made use of the wiring diagrams in the Rostra kit instructions. You can download the Rostra instructions from their website.

Hoodat

It may be that my sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others...

7. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    ^^Looks like it just might be your lucky day! If this doesn't work out for you OP, go down to the dealer and make friendly with the parts guy. I bet they could order you a wiring harness.

8. Mar 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

Products Discussed in

To Top