1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ok im new

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaG26, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Mar 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    TacomaG26

TacomaG26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    2.5in spacer leveling kit with Toytech AAL in the rear, Brute Force Fab front and rear bumper, AFE stage2 CAI, Alpine headunit with Rockford Fosgate amp and sub, tibted windows, KC lights.
    2011-12-24_13-31-50_19.jpgHello, I have a question for all who know....Im looking at the afe stage 2 si and a magnaflow catback, i have a 2011 trd sport v6..Will i like this combo? will it sound good and will they hurt my gas mpg? yea yea i know i have a truck and im not gonna get good gas mpg and im not looking to gain with this stuff aslong as i dont hurt it (yes im talking about normal driving not having fun) also thinking about plasti dip for rims and lower vallance on front bumper and tinting windows...Its super white access cab so i think that would look good till i have extra money to buy black rims...i figger that so i can peal off if need be.. Also in time thinking about a 2.5/3in toytec lift..its all good in your books?? I know this has all been beating to death and many threads. yes i have read alot of them but i want to get more oppions before i get back stateside and finnaly drive my new truck :D and get to work on it..Thanks much in advance:)

2. Mar 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    magnaflow catback=will sound good.

plasti dip for rims= dont do it. IMHO get them powder coated.

lower vallance = never done it, but IMO it looks nice

2.5/3in toytec lift= are u reffering to coilovers? if yes, than good on you.
    i would save the money on a coilover set and buy OME 885 or 886(if u plan on High Clearance bumper) with dakars leafs.

then buy a winch.

But remember, if u lift and put bigger tires, u wont be keeping any gains on gas milage. here is the way to get good gas milagehttp://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/34594-mpg-mods.html#post547096

Hope this helps. Truck looks good by the way:D

3. Mar 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    TacomaG26

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    2.5in spacer leveling kit with Toytech AAL in the rear, Brute Force Fab front and rear bumper, AFE stage2 CAI, Alpine headunit with Rockford Fosgate amp and sub, tibted windows, KC lights.
    Cool deal thanks for the info man...yea coilovers is what i was looking at, yea i was thinking a 265/ 70/17 for a larger tire that way i do loose to much mpg... thanks she is all stock right now lol

4. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    just remember that u will need xtra shit for anything more than 2.75 in of lift if u wanna maintain the ride.

5. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    TacomaG26

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Cool, yea im thinking 2.5 so i dont need to mess with my UCA... I figger 2.5 with a +1 tire will be plenty for what i need/do and will still look decent.

6. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Sounds like you got it figured out then bro. GL:cool:

7. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i was think about plasti dipping my off road wheels next week. depending on weather. to see how i like it. i want black wheels and i don’t have the cash to have them powder coated right now. i have my badges done and it is holding up nicely. i did them last may.

8. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM
    TacomaG26

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Im in the same boat man...i figger if i dont like it or it gets chiped i can peal it off and redo....i figger it should be good enough for a while till i can afford black rims...if you do it id love to see some pictures on how it turned out

9. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah. i know what you mean. oh i will post lots of pic. right now idk what next week is looking like as far as what i have to do. it also maybe easier to sell the stock wheels not powder coated.

10. Apr 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    TacomaG26

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    This is a very late post but the plasti dip rims and lower bumper turned out great lol.

11. Apr 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    TacomaG26

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Ill get some up when im on my computer. (im at work)

Products Discussed in

To Top