1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help us re-open the Quarry to off road please!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by ST3VE, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE [OP] IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Why This Is Important

A few weeks ago there was a active quarry located on Fort Hoyle Rd. in Edgewood, Md. that operates Monday thru Friday that opened to the public to use for off roading on Saturday and Sunday. They allowed us to use this area respectfully after a donation and signed waiver. I happened to participate only once on a Sunday afternoon. There was many designated trials to ride and explore. It was a great time to say the least!! Unfortunately this trip was a solo mission due to the fact that ONE in particular neighbor of the quarry made several complaints to the owner(s) of the quarry. This happened to stop all activity for the public to be able to use this land during off-hours of the active quarry.
    I would like to have this petition signed and brought to the owner(s) of Harford Industrial Minerals and show them that there is a numerous amount of people that would rather be able to make use of the land legally, then having to find alternate areas to off road, in some cases illegally. The owners of the quarry have already had a idea of how many people would cometo the quarry during off hours. The quarry owners have also seen that the people that have participated in using the area have respected the "No-Use Zones". I have personally enjoyed the time that I have spent using the area and as a local resident I would love if they reopened the quarry for public use.

2. Mar 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    ST3VE

ST3VE [OP] IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Like em' on Facebook too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in