1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tanks emergency response build!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by fftank76, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Apr 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    fftank76

fftank76 [OP] FIREFIGHTER

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    right now i only got a rockford fosgate 12 thin line beind passenger seat got rockford fosgate class d 2000 watts pushin it i got swaybar removed 3 in lift 2 miniphantom lightbars whelen siren box and siren rod holders diff breather mod
    yep they are nice i like them yours look good i knda got messed over on my back set cause the guy sold em for more so ....i still gotta get them but

2. Apr 27, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    fftank76

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    right now i only got a rockford fosgate 12 thin line beind passenger seat got rockford fosgate class d 2000 watts pushin it i got swaybar removed 3 in lift 2 miniphantom lightbars whelen siren box and siren rod holders diff breather mod
    k so finally decided to finish the lift and post up some pics of it and some flex i got its straight up some poser pics of some flex lol but i hope yall enjoy im still kinda debating which way i wanna go with my rim/tire setup i think the black rims are played out and i got a buttload of tread on the ones i have on there now so.... anyway let me know what you think and what else i should do to her next!!!!!

034.jpg
    035.jpg
    036.jpg
    037.jpg
    038.jpg

3. Apr 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    looks great man!! love the flexing pics!!

4. Apr 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    fftank76

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    thanks man now its really startin to come along

5. Apr 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB -Empty-

Member:
    Yea those rims will look bitchin in gunmetal grey, I say go for it!!!

6. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    fftank76

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    ok so newest update to the taco she got some new rims and tires just 2 days ago im really likin them what you think???

my taco.jpg
    my taco2.jpg

7. Apr 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    fftank76

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    ok so here are some of the things i been working on here lately Kayak rack ok i coulda bought one but decided f that i was back at the ranch and seen i had plenty of square tubing and angle iron welder and chop saw so i went to work i did some more modifying to it today but no pics basically i took and cut to pieces of 1 1/8 angle iron so that they would sit on the tailgate and front of the bed i did remove the rail system in the front some time back for my rod holders so it sits very tight i then cut 4 posts for the uprights i cut them so they were approx. 1 inch higher than the roof (future reference at min. cut them 2 to 2.5 inches higher.) i thought that this was going to be hight enough but didnt take into the fact that my kayak kinda bows up on the front and rear no problem tho i remedied this by adding thicker foam pool noodles. the top bars i cut really long cause i wanted to be able to put at least 2 36 inch wide kayaks up there no problem i added an additional 12 inches to my 71 inches so that there would be 6 inches on each side to turn up so the yaks wouldnt slide off one way or another i then came back and added 2 more pieces of angle iron to each side to give it more strength and i will say this the damn thing is super strong i put a board across each way and put around 3 to 400 pounds worth of people on it and couldnt get it to budge ok to secure it in the front i decided to use pins for pinning farm equipment and put 2 of them as seen in pictures in the back i mounted rings to the angle iron and used chain heavy caribiners and turnbuckles let me say this with this setup tightened down the damn thing dont move at all! the other pics are some fish i caught in lower laguna madre and in some of the back lakes in freeport area but ill never tell where :) also is my feather mod there is a fuck load of mallard curl feathers i pluck one for every mallard ive ever shot some pintails a turkey and a red tail hawk feather i shot and killed all but the hawk he comited suicide by flying into my grill at 85 mph :) if you look hard i have my arrow antenna mod lol (avid bowhunter) and also the rack i made for my ipad and magellan GPS i must say it still needs a little work but it works till i get it perfect. the things that are not pictured that are recent are the aux back up lights and the new cobra 29 cb i put in today the cb is not in its permanent position yet im still debating what route i wanna take with it im thinking of making a custom mount and mounting it to the overhead console has anyone done this? any questions on my rack gimme a shout ill answer anyway i can next mods are within next 3 to 4 months im prolly going to build a front bumper build a cargo rack that attaches to the kayak rack and for sure replace my initial lift instead of spacers and blocks im going to order the toytec coilovers with bilstein shocks and prolly add in a leaf or 2 in the back not sure yet im really thinking of saving a while and just going to the pro comp 6 inch kit not sure yet fho o yea btw sorry bout the big hairyness while holding that flounder he sure was a good one like a damn saddle blanket lol 22 inches

IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_8206.jpg
    IMG_8207.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top