1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Store your pull pal land anchor inside your double cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AnotherSilverTaco, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    AnotherSilverTaco

AnotherSilverTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab 4x4
    CBI trailrider rear bumper, CBI Front Receiver, Warn M8000 Receiver Winch in Warn Multi-mount cradle
    It is nice to have a pull pal around when you need it, but it is a pain to store measuring 45" and weighing 40 lbs or so. Mounting kits for bed or cargo basket are pricy, raise your center of gravity, and expose your Pull Pal to the elements, so here is another option.

If you are interested in keeping your Pull Pal Land Anchor inside your double cab, it is pretty simple to locate the body under the back seat. I figured some of you might find this useful as it took a few hours to figure out the best way to do this. This will save some time, effort and worry about where to drill a hole in your truck. The Pull pal almost fits perfectly with some minor trimming of the plastic storage compartment liner.

1. Cut a small Groove in the plastic tub liner as shown in 3rd pic.
    2. Drill 5/8 hole in the center of the drive shaft "hump".
    3. Use 2- 1/4" x 1" x 5" plates with a 5/8 hole, 3.5" full thread bolt, nut, washer, and wing nut to anchor the Pull Pal securely in the event of a crash.
    4. You must relocate the OEM screw jack ( I put mine behind the seat).
    5. I stored the Pull Pal spade in my tool chest, but I suspect it could also be stored behind the seat if you do not have a toolbox.

At first I was a little concerned about drilling a hole in the floor of the truck until I crawled under and pulled one the many rubber plugs out of the bottom of the floor pan (see pic 4 rubber plug to left of the new flange) and realized there is nothing but a rubber plug between me and the carpeting inside! A plugged 5/8 hole is not going to be a problem.

IMG_4322.jpg
    IMG_4324.jpg
    IMG_4325.jpg
    IMG_4326.jpg

2. Apr 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing it with us.

3. Apr 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    canoeski

canoeski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Southcentral Wisc
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma AccessCab
    Debadged. ARE Topper. Tailgate mods, including locking handle. BAMF LCA skids.
    Nice!
    I wish the Access Cab had a nice big storage area under the seats,
    I think I'm going to take one seat out, but that still doesn't give me much more room, and certainly not enough for what you did.:(

4. Apr 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    AnotherSilverTaco

AnotherSilverTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab 4x4
    CBI trailrider rear bumper, CBI Front Receiver, Warn M8000 Receiver Winch in Warn Multi-mount cradle
    To be honest that spot really doesn't hold that much and it's kind of a pain to get to it. That is another reason I decided to utilize the space with something I don't need to access very often. I had a small backup shovel and an ax along with my trailer hitch and jack. That is really all it could hold! I threw that stuff in the toolbox. I like the way the pull pal really fills that space. There is a little space under the pull pal, but I haven't thought of what to put there yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top