1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Logic Handsfree communication

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MacT66, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Mar 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off road double cab
    And everyone that reads this thread can make fun of you for what you write

If anyone reading this thread didn't know you could add an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth for under $200, you've been very helpful to them. They'll really benefit from your link to an out of stock stereo.

The blu-logic is the Toyota Accessory- read the rest of the post. The ebay vendor linked to is a Toyota parts dept. In addition, read the installation instructions in the thread and them help me understand why you think the installation involves cutting a hole in the dash.

very helpful comparison of one Toyota Accessory to every aftermarket deck:rolleyes:

Since, MacT66's question was-

I don't think many would conclude you've been of any help.

Oh well. As long as you're having fun.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Just reading over this thread. Sorry if I'm contributing to draggin this off-topic into bickering. Not a big fan of the attitude. My bad.

Back to the topic. Anyone have any idea it the Blu Logic button could be moved to the DAC spot, with the DAC button going in the blank spot next to the Aux Input

3. Mar 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    dude, we're all taco owners here- we just got to stay/be positive... and respect the opinions and others

4. Mar 27, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Good advice. Follow it.

5. Mar 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    hey don't poke and prod buddy... you've got like 10 posts. i think i've contributed a little more to this site than you have.

so in researching this product the dealership does sell this at their parts department, i actually called the dealership because i will never believe everything i read in an ebay auction (so that's a plus for the warranty, and company background on which i was not sure of earlier) however... this will not work for systems with the JBL system (an aftermarket deck would) also the kit says that you need to have a knock out plate available for the switch which for some could be a problem- again an aftermarket deck would not need this... and this isn't an opinion this is a FACT
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

6. Mar 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    again...

if i help 1 person and piss off 100 including you- thats fine with me

7. Mar 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    man, you do rub me the wrong way....
    Whatever. You are absolutely correct. The product I'm attempting to converse about in this thread will not work with the JBL system. An aftermarket deck with bluetooth capabilities can replace any system, JBL or otherwise.
    I know the Blu Logic device will work with my system. I've already ordered it. I got it for $160 at toyotapartsoutlet.com- who by the way seems to have the best prices around. This item is not on their website, but they ordered it for me.
    Now I'm trying to figure out exactly where I'm going to put the button. I don't anticipate the installation being difficult. I plan to install the Sirius receiver at the same time. I could have purchased an Aftermarket head unit that was bluetooth capable and a Sirius receiver, I've gone that route before, but decided not to in this instance.

8. Mar 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    well OBVIOUSLY my posts weren't for you... and yet AGAIN: for others who haven't weighed out other options they might find some of my info useful

you shouldn't be so quick to jump on people... and just throwing this out there, it would be awesome if you did a full write-up or video tutorial when you do the install- that would help others that decide to purchase the Blue Logic system.

9. Mar 27, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    That was a fun read! Like verbal mortar fire, or a written boxing match.

10. Mar 27, 2009 at 3:27 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    if i can't be helpful atleast i'm entertaining...

hey, doesn't your name mean white devil in Wachootoo? nobody messes with the duke!

11. Mar 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    It does, my good man. Good memory.

12. Mar 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

[​IMG]

13. Mar 27, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    plmber58

plmber58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    I had the dealer install the BLU Logic and it works great and while they were at it I had them install the Ipod interface. I am happy with both. The reason I did not attempt to do it is because the last time I tried to do any electrical work was on my 66 Mustang and I fried the whole under dash harness.:sick: Anything electrical goes to a dealer or to a reputable person.

14. Mar 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    that sucks... it was also a 66 and electrical systems have come a long ways since then, but i understand your situation. i have some video write-ups that i'm working on and have planned and they will be very detailed to help keep things like that from happening.

15. Jun 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    blkmagik

blkmagik New Member

Member:
    Does anyone know if this kit is A2DP complient?

Will it work in tandem with the new Radio Bluetooth update for the Iphone 3.0 firmware?

16. Jul 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    MB46

MB46 New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Thanks for posting these pictures. I too paid for the Bluetooth option up front when I bought my new truck, but they gave me a unit from BlueConnect that I'm not happy with. (http://www.jciblueconnect.com) It doesn't route through the stereo's speakers and is hard to hear going 60 mph. I call it the "squawk box" because it sounds like the PA system in my Junior High school cafeteria. Also, it takes the place of the overhead sunglasses holder. I'm asking them to put the BlueLogic unit in instead. Now that you've had it a few months are you happy with the functionality? My big issue is I want it to play through the stereo's speakers. I'd prefer if they used one of the spare knockout switches directly under the Air controls so passengers can operate it too.

17. Jul 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    kanelakos

kanelakos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport
    I could use some help. Just bought an 09 Tacoma with the blulogic installed. I thought my phone (LG Dare) was compatable but now I find it is not listed on their website. I called LG to see if there was some software I could download to fix problem but they said it would have to be on Blulogics end. It it possible for blulogic to do something for me? I cant find any "contact us" links and they only give generic Toyota 800 numbers and carrier numbers. If they could do something, how could (would) it affect a system already installed? Thanks in advance if you can give some ideas!

18. Jul 29, 2009 at 4:38 AM
    kanelakos

kanelakos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport
    I had the blulogic installed before delivery of my 09. I tried to get a truck with a factory installed bluetooth but that dealer never called back for the dealer trade. My local dealer said the one they will install was the exact same thing. I was wondering if the factory installed bluetooth would be on the steering wheel instead of lower left dash like it is now. I would have been nicer to have it on wheel. (a bit easier to get to and safer when driving). Does anybody have it factory installed? If so, where is it located? Thanks.

19. Aug 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    MB46

MB46 New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    The Dealer ended up installing the EGO TS bluetooth system. It properly mutes the radio and utilizes the right side factory speaker. The interface was installed on the knockout switch blank to the left of the steering wheel and the microphone is where the rearview mirror meets the overhead lining. (on closer inspection, the knockout blanks under the AC controls where I originally wanted it installed are actually too small to use) I'm completely happy with it. It works really well with my Blackberry Bold. The unit has it's own loud and crazy ring tone which so far, I don't know how to adjust. I jump out of my seat everytime it rings. On the off chance someone at EGO is listening: My Blackberry already comes with plenty of ringtones that I can set to my own sublte preference.

20. Sep 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    Irv

Irv New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Doublecab
    I had the dealer to install the Blulogic in my 08 when I got it 3 weeks ago. It paired up with my iphone and works fine from my end, but I get a lot of complaints that my transmit volume is really low. I talked to the dealer service adviser and he said I need to turn up the volume on my phone and then re-pair it. Problem is you can't adjust the transmit (microphone volume on an iphone (or any other cell that I've heard of).
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Maybe it's the Blulogic microphone location -to the lower right of the steering wheel?
    I thought with a dealer installed system in a new vehicle, the mic would be in the mirror.

Products Discussed in

To Top