1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blitzpro's LEDs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dimonback, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    I bought a pair of the LED Driving lights being sold by Trifenix to mount on my Victory. With 4 each 3w Cree LEDs, I was hopeful that these would perform as well as some of the newer flashlights now available. While the ad copy claims these are Euro pattern driving beams, it was pretty clear as soon as I lit them up that they're more along the lines of blue-white fog lights. There is no "throw" to speak of, other than a generalized area lighting, and certainly no cut-off at the upper side, which means there will be annoyed drivers in the oncoming lanes. While the Cree LEDs are a great light source, it appears that the reflector design still has a long way to go before they can be considered a viable halogen or HID replacement.
    On the good side, the pricing is where I believe it should be for what they are. The light source is intense and nears painful levels when looking directly into the fixture. The color is a close match to my HID low beam (I'm guessing about 3700K). Build quality is very good for the price point, with a crinkle black finish applied to a reasonable gauge aluminum housing with cooling fins stamped in. All exposed bolts are much larger than on similar lights, with the main bolt appearing to be a 3/8"x16, making for a very solid connection and unlikey to move once they're torqued in.
    In general, these will function well as DTRLs. On my bike, the pyramid of light resembles an oncoming train- certainly an attention getter for traffic entering my path.
    On a bright day ride to the hill country here in Texas today, I had two cars pull over to the side when I came up behind them. I guess between the lights, and the white helmet with boom microphone, I was being mistaken for a cop.

2012-04-18_16-29-50_653.jpg
    2012-04-18_16-30-37_862.jpg
    2012-04-21_20-40-43_235.jpg
    2012-04-21_20-40-55_1.jpg
    2012-04-21_20-42-38_908.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top