4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

derekabraham's 2002 4Runner

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
derekabraham's 2002 4Runner

So, based upon my future goals and aspirations, I needed a 4x4 vehicle. I've always wanted a 4Runner so I pursued that.

After months of searching, I finally found the one.

My parents and I traded in my mom's 2003 Camry for this beautiful 2002 4x4 SR5 4Runner. It's pretty flawless and it's only got 109K miles. Not too bad!

It's nice to finally have a vehicle in my name that I'm completely responsible for. (Comfortable monthly payments as well at $186 a month! )

So now my mom is going to be driving the Tacoma, and this will be my new build.

Right after purchase (2/7/11):

How she sits as of 5/18/12:

IMG_1884 copy by Derek Abraham, on Flickr

My favorite picture:

MODS:
Outdoor Logic Front Bumper
16" KMC Enduro Wheels
285/75/16 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 (E Range) Tires
Aisin Manual Hub Conversion
Kenwood DNX6180 Navigation Head Unit
Flowmaster 50 Series Muffler
OME 90004 Front Shocks
OME 882 Front Coilovers
OME 60027 Rear Shocks
OME 891 Rear Coils
Toytec Diffrential Drop
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Deckplate Mod
Interior and License Plate LED Lights
BudBuilt Skid Plate

Lots more to come, here's my next few mods that I plan on doing (hopefully in this order...!):
1. Rear diff breather relocation mod
2. Sliders
3. Snorkel
4. Rear bumper, haven't quite found the right one yet. Probably CBI.
5. Hilux Surf rear conversion: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/762796-post135.html
6. Light Racing UCAs maybe?
7. Roof rack maybe? Yakima, Bajarack....I'll pick one eventually.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh, and Ryan (ryanjboutin) and I removed the running boards, mudflaps and the fender trimmings yesterday (2/8/11) morning:

Looks soooooooooooo much better. I'll post up a better picture later. Thanks a lot Ryan!

Stay tuned. A lot is going to happen over the next few days.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! what engine does it Have?

Gonna go this route?

Do it!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 AM   #4

Nope. Daily driver.

It's the 3.4L V6.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #5

Hey SoCal guys....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...i-mod-day.html
Old 02-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #6
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Nope. Daily driver.
Oh so you'll obviously be making this your next mod,

Very economical I hear
Old 02-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #7

Super gay.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #8

I like the green tubes.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 AM   #9
Quote:
I like the green tubes.

I was about ready to buy those exact tires...
but couldn't fit the spare so i called it off

so what are your plans for it??
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 AM   #10

Nothing too much really at all.

It's basically going to be for driving in snow.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #11

BIG difference I've noticed between this 2002 and the 2008 Tacoma my mom is now driving, is that there are no PLASTIC CLIPS holding everything together. I love it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #12
Quote:
Nothing too much really at all.

It's basically going to be for driving in snow.
At least new tires?

It never snows here
Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #13
Quote:
BIG difference I've noticed between this 2002 and the 2008 Tacoma my mom is now driving, is that there are no PLASTIC CLIPS holding everything together. I love it.
The plastic clips holding in my passenger corner light broke and now it falls out
Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #14

Yeah it's got some goodies going on it. Wait until after this weekend. You'll see.

For now it's going to get a 3 inch front spacer and rear coils so I can fit my old 285/75/16 KM2s and my old Enduros from my Tacoma. I'll eventually upgrade from the spacers to shocks/coils, but they'll do for now!

I want sliders and front and rear bumpers eventually, too.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #15

Oh, and a roof basket to put my full size spare. Or a rear bumper with a tire gate...
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #16
Quote:
Yeah it's got some goodies going on it. Wait until after this weekend. You'll see.

For now it's going to get a 3 inch front spacer and rear coils so I can fit my old 285/75/16 KM2s and my old Enduros from my Tacoma. I'll eventually upgrade from the spacers to shocks/coils, but they'll do for now!

I want sliders and front and rear bumpers eventually, too.
sweet
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #17

Yep! I'll have fun with it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #18
I have to put a pause on buying things for
my truck.. ran out of funds

thats pretty convenient you
can fit the wheels and tires from the tacoma
on there though!!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #19

Yeah, after my lift and wheels and tires go on (and something going on in the morning ), I'll be done too for a long time as well.

I'm stoked the Tacoma and 4Runner are both 6 lugs. I love my Enduros.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats Derek on the new 4Runner & Look forward to seeing the transformation

Products Discussed in this Thread