4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Lucario Runner's 2006 4Runner build.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, this is how I get my kicks at school. The "stock" look helps keep me outta trouble. Classes are going good, Cal 2 is what keeps me in the math lab all day. Let me post some updates of my truck while at it.

New personal best 1/4 slip.

Plus dyno vids! With SAE correction I make 227WHP and 291 TQ! This is with my own fine tuning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qgm9...4&feature=plcp
I can't tell you how much I love my truck, its just so much fun.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Like Nik said on the SA thread, that 4runner is "stupid fast." By that, we mean awesome! You'll never see it coming.

Sleeper.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #28
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Been busy with school but heres the updates.
Rear TRD shocks installed.

Fronts installed as well.

Went to import reactor with my friends

As well I received my auto x numbers

Also got my APR fuel rails, Addco front sway bar in addition to the rear, and my NST crank pulley.

This summer I'm going to do some work on my transmission, I'll either just send my valve body out to IPT or just send the whole transmission to be modified. During that down time I will send my drive shaft out to DSS (drive shaft shop) to make a carbon fiber one. Also I got my Injector Dynamics 1000 cc injectors ready to be installed I'm just waiting on misc fittings for the fuel rail and a Tomei FPR.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #29
Resident SUV racer

Time to update this. Last month I raced at MSR houston which was a great stepping stone as I have found my "home" track. Even better news was I was one of the faster guys out there, I didn't live up to the expectation that either I would roll my truck or be the slowest guy out there. I was very pleased and had so much fun. Only thing that really hampered my performance was my brakes, they were already in need of replacing/upgrading and now even more so as they are done. Anyway here are some pics and vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I11Qy...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZQd...ature=youtu.be

Greatest feat was I drove my truck there from san antonio to houston and then drove it back home afterwards. So I can now do some mods as I can afford some downtime before school starts again. First thing on the list is brakes. I have bought some TRD pads as stoptech has stopped making their 309 spec pads, these are the street performance pads, only thing centric now makes for our trucks is the 306 compound which is there centric fleet pad.

So these will be my current pads until I can send out my old pads to carbotech, have the old pad material grinded off, put their pad material on, and have it sent back to me. Turn around time should be two weeks. I also ordered some powerslot rotors so until I receive them I am left waiting. On the 23rd of this month I am returning to MSR for another event and thanks to my friend Torpsd I am using his wheels and tires, I am hoping for faster lap times but mostly I am experimenting to feel out a different set up than what I am used too.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #33
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I love your 4Runner. We also have a 2007 and man I wish it was like yours goooood shit!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
Resident SUV racer

Forgot to post this here. Here are my latest numbers and dyno vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQSOc...2&feature=plcp
As you can see low to mid range is the same but now my top end doesn't fall flat. Instead it has a more progressive curve. Tonight I'm going to hit the 1/4 mile and hopefully I can improve on a 14.3. Also another fun fact was the rims and tires my truck was on during the dyno pulls were on heavier rims and tires than my regular setup which is stock rims and tires. All in all the URD y is a really impressive product.