4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Lucario Runner's 2006 4Runner build.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #82
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Time for a little update. I recently fixed a weird clunking noise coming from the passenger side of my truck, turn out to be the lower ball joints.

On the left was the driver side which was in decent shape. On the right is the passenger side which was shot. I can press and pull it and have a little bit of play.

So I these raybestos ones because they are blue, like Lucario, and that they have a polyurethane boot as well as a zerk fitting.

So far I like how my truck drives, hopefully I can get a good feel at the next autocross event.
In the hunt for the noise which was the ball joints I took my coil over assembly off and had a chance to compare the TRD bilsteins to the regular toyota ones. picture shows the difference in diameter clearly.

Then I went off to race at MSRH and had a blast.
Calm before the storm was the thought in my head when I snapped this picture, however, I did not meant it literally.

As it turned out it rained on race morning. Still lucky for us it turned out to be a nice day for racing.

1st heat in the rain.

If you can see the Mclaren mp4 you can see it has a flat tire. I do not remember if it happened in the 1st heat or the 2nd but it never raced afterwards. In the end a tow truck came to get it. After this Lucario started to act weird there was much more roll and understeer on right turns, turned out that endlink feel out. My fastest time was around 2:01 so I was unable to best my fastest time but with the complications of a powersteering leak (overfilled do to cavitation and trying to disperse that with powersteering fluid) and a suspension issue (the endlink) still it was fun racing with my friends and learning new lines. At least now I'm that more prepared and more knowledgeable in clocking a lap of under 2 minutes.
Getting race gas......

And this bee was chilling on my hatch for a hour or so after the event ended.

So time for more mods. Well after dealing with the lower ball joints and assuming the same fate for the uppers I'm buying this many for the much more robust joint and the dust cap for added protection, plus it looks sexy.

But my next mod, besides new speakers, is this BBK from tundra racing.

I really wanted to buy the TRD FJ bbk but I'm tired of waiting because on the stop sale as the result from the recall. I might get into contact with them and see if they can implement the stoptech trophy caliper with my set. Also I can't wait to get my catch can from the 42DD gb. I also saving up for more go fast goodies.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #84
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well, I think the upper ball joint is starting to act up. Just when I was gonna pull the trigger on the bbk and new wheels. Guess it cant be help. I have two option either go ahead and get the icon uca or just get new ball joints. At this point I'm leaning towards new ball joints.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #85
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Latest mod, 70mm dual vvti 1gr throttle body.
details on this?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #87
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its the throttle body from the 5th gen 4runner and newer fj's. Just get one of those and the adapter from urd and install it. very simple.
Benefits? Can it be ran on a Taco?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #89
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It can work on the tacoma with no issues. Benefits, more air in with less resistance at wot.
Forgive my ignorance: more power? mpg?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #91
Large "member"

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #92
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
dang just read like everything in here. Looks like you have one fast 4 runner!

I’f you ever get out to east TN and have some time hit me up we will go have some fun on the Tail of the dragon(US129 from TN into NC. 318 curves in 11miles. I go out some with the taco, have to down shift the auto so i don’t use brakes to much. most the curves are 170 degree or so and tires will be making noise at 30to 35mph. I have made it back from NC to TN in like 19min, one thing is you got to know how to stay in your lane so you don’t hit oncoming traffic.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #94
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds fun. Also you gave me a time to beat.
yeah it is. except for when someone goes like 15mph, and you can’t pass at all and they wont pull off on one of the pull offs. and lol, i kinda new that. and i only timed it by looking at the clock when i started and when i got to the “end” of the stretch of road. I did get slowed down by some cruisers that where going slower than i was, probably could have taken a good 30sec to 1 minute off the time if it was not for them getting in my way, also did not go over the speed limit.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #95
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Got a link for the new LBJs with the zerk fitting you bought? And did you get a somewhat good deal?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #96
Resident SUV racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Got a link for the new LBJs with the zerk fitting you bought? And did you get a somewhat good deal?
RAYBESTOS Part # 5051435 Front Lower ball joint pro grade

RAYBESTOS Part # 5001153 Front upper ball joint.

I did them both in pairs from Rockauto. both were around the mid to high $70's shipped. So I guess I got a good deal.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #97
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
RAYBESTOS Part # 5051435 Front Lower ball joint pro grade

RAYBESTOS Part # 5001153 Front upper ball joint.

I did them both in pairs from Rockauto. both were around the mid to high $70's shipped. So I guess I got a good deal.
+1, thanks. Mine are giving me problems already, might as well fix it before it's too late.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #98
Resident SUV racer

No prob. word of advice if you wanna change out the upper ball joints it'll be easier to take the upper control arm off to work on it. Torspd and I will be doing some work on my truck this weekend at his place and then mess around houston. go karting sounds fun.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #99
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
How'd the headers turn out?