4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Lucario Runner's 2006 4Runner build.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #102
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
All those live pictures better make it in here with some explanation!
Good things come to those who wait.

^these photos are to give an idea on where we were routing the oil lines.
First I needed to install my Greddy oil cooler adapter. The fittings for the oil pressure and temperature sensors were too small being 1/8 pt so I tapped them to 1/8 npt.

Greddy adapter installed.

ORB fittings installed on the cooler.

Bracket made thanks to Torspd.

oil cooler mounted.

fittings being mocked up.

lines installed.

Now comes race day!
Gopro mounted to watch the rear axle.

Tire wore good.

And this guy went far to recover a car.

And some vids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBr1...rbSZErjtXaRa2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8P...rbSZErjtXaRa2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzhy...rbSZErjtXaRa2g
Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #103
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Well. Done. ballsysonofabitch.

must be quite the feeling keeping up with and passing track cars and some pretty nice looking sport sedans Needless to say, I'm thoroughly impressed
Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #104
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
me gusta
Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #109
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh dude I can't wait. I'm already signed up have you? If not you should as its filling up fast.

As for mods I got a new "racing" battery. Its a Deka etx30l. Weighs a 21 pounds. My old battery weighed 40-41 pounds. (scale was inconsistent) This is basically a braille without paying the braille tax. So far it has performed great. Also interesting note my friend Camerons tacoma battery was 50 pounds. same kinda toyota truestart battery. interesting little tid bit there.

To complement a light weight battery I got these.
https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/@...roducts_id=143

I also need to install my cusco sway bars before msr.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #117
Resident SUV racer

No, Unless you want the rotora rear kit like whitebeauty has. I would think the factory system for the rear would be sufficient in braking torque without throwing the balance outta wack. There was a stoptech rear bbk for the xrunner trd concept and had really small pistons. Of course that was in 5 lug spec however.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #120
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
so shiny