4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Lucario Runner's 2006 4Runner build.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #141
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
course I can run (like the one at sugar hill), was more jumping, and less high speed turning.
it was the kind of course that killed cars when they were just going in a straight line. these are from there (but not my pictures). like I said, more of a stadium truck kind of race than a rally.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #143
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Rollin in the Subi!!!
DO IT!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
huh....guess I'll do some research on both of those, thanks for the heads up colin.
No need to waste any time with sugar hill unfortunately the park has closed down since the last time I was there (time of the last race).
Old 03-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #147
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Got some new brake parts for the upcoming track day ahead. The previous one I still had ok bite but I could feel fade after a few laps. So now it's time for an overhaul. I ordered some Carbotech XP8 race pads and stoptech slotted rotors. Also broke the bank with some motul 660 dot 4.

And here is the bed in sheet.

Hopefully if time permits I also wanna address the suspension, alignment, and engine mods that I have been putting off before the race, however if it becomes to close I'll leave it as is so I won't be too unfamiliar with the truck.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #156
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

another pic from the track day.

As far as mods go, not much has progressed, I dei wrapped the intake, not fully as I ran out but another roll should finish the box. I have not yet test it in racing situations but it seems to help the iat's cooler down a little bit fast after sitting in traffic. Still have my doubts but I would like to fully test it.

Broke my dead pedal at the track day, this tells me two things. One I need to lose weight, lol, and second I need much better seats. BTW if anyone has the oem part number for a new one or wants to sell me one please let me know.

Also as a bit of a heads up I had busted one of my front sway bar links (was in bad shape for awhile) and a friend had a moog replacement so I got it on before the track and this is the result after maybe 1,000 miles.

As the grease is allowed to get pass the seal ( I called this before I installed it) I would not recommend this piece for anyone's ride. Although since most just remove the sway, who cares right? Also if anyone is selling a dual vvti 1grfe upper intake manifold for cheap let me know.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #158
Resident SUV racer

http://www.designengineering.com/cat...r/reflect-gold
Its supposed to be ok stuff. The real gold stuff used on high end cars and race teams is like $100 a foot. What I know about physics and the travel of heat (omnidirectional and insulation works both ways, blah, blah, blah) where this really shouldn't work, but I was like Fuck it, race truck.