4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Blake's 1984 4Runner Build

Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #42
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Spent the evening tearing out the carpet to get ready for the Herculiner. Also tore out most of the wiring for everything it doesn't need to run. The previous owner did a messy, hackjob wiring job for the KC lights, radio, CB, alarm system, etc and it was driving me crazy. Ordered a Blue Sea fusebox to help clean it all up. Should be here Friday. I'll get everything rewired that's going to stay on Monday.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #43
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #44
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm just ready to get this thing out on the road. And trail. But I need the steering fixed first. I don't trust this thing at all at the moment.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #45
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I saw that on the other site.

Lol I think it's funny you, me, and Rich have now functioning, running, SFA rigs before Randy and Drew or hell even Keith.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

Lol I think it's funny you, me, and Rich have now functioning, running, SFA rigs before Randy and Drew or hell even Keith.
You already got it?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #47
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:

you bought your cousins ranger?

you're a homo
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #48

Finally got my Paypal transaction to go through for the high steer. Hopefully it will ship Monday. I'm fucking done with Paypal though. Their security measures are bullshit.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #49

Think I'm losing a u-joint on this thing too. Didn't notice it until my dad drove it and pointed it out to me. Getting a nice solid "thud" when letting the clutch out.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #50
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
you bought your cousins ranger?

you're a homo
No. I wish I did. Be so awesome!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #51

Hoping to have a diesel to tow this turd around with in the next couple of months
Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #52
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Hoping to have a diesel to tow this turd around with in the next couple of months
wish i had one
Old 02-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #53

Quote:
wish i had one
I don't know that I will. But I'd like to. I was looking for one when I bought my Tundra. The supercharger lured me in and now the gas prices are drivin me away. I know I won't get good mileage with a diesel but I'll get better mileage for sure. Have to save a penny everywhere I can these days.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #54
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
So ghey.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #55

Quote:
I don't know that I will. But I'd like to. I was looking for one when I bought my Tundra. The supercharger lured me in and now the gas prices are drivin me away. I know I won't get good mileage with a diesel but I'll get better mileage for sure. Have to save a penny everywhere I can these days.
id love to have a f350 to tow my rig but now im looking up ways to beef up my taco to make it tow my rig better

Quote:
So ghey.
we all know you are, but im not so your going to have to find someone else to watch showering through a window
Old 02-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #56

Quote:
id love to have a f350 to tow my rig but now im looking up ways to beef up my taco to make it tow my rig better
My Tundra will tow it just fine, I'd just like to have a diesel if I can break even on the swap.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #57

Quote:
My Tundra will tow it just fine, I'd just like to have a diesel if I can break even on the swap.
you could get a little older one and maybe come out ahead on it
Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #58

Quote:
you could get a little older one and maybe come out ahead on it
I'm pretty much looking in the 2005 range with less than 100k miles for ~$24-$25,000
Old 02-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #59

Quote:
I'm pretty much looking in the 2005 range with less than 100k miles for ~$24-$25,000
ive been looking at first gen f350 super duty's with the 7.3 motor because all ive heard nothing but bad news about the 6.0's
Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #60

Quote:
ive been looking at first gen f350 super duty's with the 7.3 motor because all ive heard nothing but bad news about the 6.0's
I'm not a Ford fan at all but I passed up a hell of a deal on an F350 that I'm kicking myself now for. '99 F350 extended cab short bed dually. 30,000 original miles looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Some old man bought it brand new in '99 and used it once a year or so to pull his 5th wheel and it sat the rest of the time. I probably could have traded straight across for my 1st gen but at the time I didn't want a dually or a standard. I still don't but would definitely make an exception if I came across another deal like that. I left the next day on a cruise and when I got back a week later I called them and it was sold. They were only asking $13,000 for it. Now I'm looking at 5.9L Cummins (24 valve) and 6.6 Duramax LB7s and LBZs. Duramaxes are a little out of my price range at the moment though.