4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More

Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
kinkyzinky is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
kinkyzinky's Tacoma Gallery
i just lifted my 99 4runner 6in 3in body 3in toytec ultimate lift and noticed that most people arent putting a wider rim on the runners i was wanting to go 12in wide on 35s but i didnt know if they would rub and i also noticed you had your running boards off did you take them off because of rubbage any info would be greatly appreciated thanks and very nice runner
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I'm priveledged to get a 1st time poster on my build, thanks. As far as your question I don't have a 100% FOR SURE answer. I do know that it will be difficult but not impossible. Your 3" body lift is definitely helping you out in that regard. Your biggest enemies are going to be the rubbing and clearing upper control arms. There is some trimming you can do in the fender wells and aftermarket UCA's will help you with some width clearance.

I took off the running boards bc they don't really work out well in the rocks lol. They were one of the first things I ditched. I didn't have them long enough to even find out if they would have rubbed or not.

Day to day, I do not rub on the roads or turning at all. Offroad is another story.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
kinkyzinky is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
kinkyzinky's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info and it was actually one of the top googles is how i found it. After i get some rims and tires ill post some more pics of mine sweet ride again
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
The past couple weeks I been doing a few odds and ends.

Changed out my front sway bar bushings. This was the driver side, the passenger side was worse!

Got the ol' dremel out and put my 3 switch holder in.

Moved my cb anttena mount to the corner since my light bar took it's place.

Cut and re-plated my BAMF sliders to clear the 35's

Got some warm white led lights in my overhead and replaced the passenger visor light with an led as well. Ought to freak out the gf lol

That's bout it. Plan to attack the passenger side lower ball joint and both tie rods this week.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #25

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Got me some parts..

Here's the culprit of the side to side wheel wobble. It was loose as hell.

The otr and lbj were noticeably warn, but otherwise in good shape. I'll definitely be keeping them for trail spares.

Then got an alignment.

Lastly, I had a box waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Since I ordered the rears separately, looks like I'll be waiting a little longer for them. I love these things.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #27
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Those seat covers look great, I wanted to get a set of those but decided to spend my $$ on suspension stuff first.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #28

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Went out to a club function this past weekend at the offroad park. Had a blast. The rain definitely put a damper on things and made the trails a little more difficult. You can tell in the videos down below. Enjoy!

Stuck lol

So I eventually made it up this.. It was just so slick the guy videoing had to stop and help spot. I was going so slow cus I didn't want to break anything. Was a really fun and tough trail though. Had many 1-2 ft steps to get over.

http://youtu.be/zugRseLXayE

Simple trail here videoing from my iphone go pro mount. Just riding a trail for a little bit.

http://youtu.be/hKub3RKxd1s

When I got home, my rear wet okole's had came in. So after I unpacked everything I decided to put them on. Lucky, I already had the bottoms out from camping in the 4Runner all weekend. I'm very happy with how they turned out. Just seems like I'm driving a whole new truck.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #29
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Lovin the runner more and more man, keep at it! I agree with the interior, looks like a whole new vehicle indeed.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #30
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Dude! You gonna be at SL next weekend?

Oh, and I just realized I'm in one of your pics above lol.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #31

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Dude! You gonna be at SL next weekend?

Oh, and I just realized I'm in one of your pics above lol.
Yes sir I will be! Plan to caravan there with lance and josh. You gonna be there and prove you actually drive that truck of yours?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #32
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Haha I hear ya. Yeah, I'm planning on it right now. Not for sure though, as no one in my family knows what's up for thanksgiving yet. I may be going to LA, but hopefully I'll be back by Saturday.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #33
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I love it. I want a 4R like that to build..
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #34
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
That's one awesome T4R, you got there.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #35

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Haha I hear ya. Yeah, I'm planning on it right now. Not for sure though, as no one in my family knows what's up for thanksgiving yet. I may be going to LA, but hopefully I'll be back by Saturday.
Well let me know man. The more the merrier! You have my number, just give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I love it. I want a 4R like that to build..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
That's one awesome T4R, you got there.
Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #37
10ga is on a distinguished road

10ga's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice T4R!!! The LX wheels look bad ass, man. That rig would even make an FJ80 guy a little excited.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #38

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
I am inlove!
Thanks, but you can't marry her.. sorry lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ga View Post
Very nice T4R!!! The LX wheels look bad ass, man. That rig would even make an FJ80 guy a little excited.
Thanks! I've seen some damn nice LC80's I wish I could have had but this tank is big enough for me.

I guess while I'm here I can throw up more pics. Went wheeling a couple weekends ago. Just went out for a day trip. Aside from a few new dings , it was a blast.

This guys knocked his driver side mirror off on the tree to the left. I managed to kiss my driver side rear quarter panel on it as well.

rear driver side quarter panel

rear driver side door

rear passenger side upper pillar (the worse)
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #39

Hey, I recognize those pics

I didn't know you had hit your upper pillar too.
What trail did that happen on?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #40

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Can opener...

Happened right before this pic from the trees leaning over the trail.