4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More

Old 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #41
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, I remember that now.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #42
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
OP, how do you like your Mickey Thompson MTZs over other tires you have had?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #43
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
OP, how do you like your Mickey Thompson MTZs over other tires you have had?
I love these tires. They grip so well when aired down. I have 3 or 4 offroad weekend trips on them and they have yet to chunk or get any gashes. On road, they aren't really that loud but do have a nice hum to them. They ride well but sometimes will grab the crevices in the road and steer you where they want. Part of that is due to my spacers though. I honestly can't say anything negative about them and I got the set at a great price.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #44
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
I love these tires. They grip so well when aired down. I have 3 or 4 offroad weekend trips on them and they have yet to chunk or get any gashes. On road, they aren't really that loud but do have a nice hum to them. They ride well but sometimes will grab the crevices in the road and steer you where they want. Part of that is due to my spacers though. I honestly can't say anything negative about them and I got the set at a great price.
Just what I wanted to hear... I have a set up for sale right now, but will likely just keep them. A bit overkill for a 2wd truck, but then again I had muds on 2wd trucks before and enjoyed the extra grip on the wet trails. Eventually I'll end up changing them out for AT tires though, a lot more practical and longer life running ATs. Yeah I got a good deal on these as well so ended up buying them and was on the fence about keeping them.

Thanks for your input.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #45
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
They're pretty good tires all around but they are a bit more on the offroad terrain tread side. You're probably getting good gas mileage being a 2wd anyways, doubt those tires will kill too much of it. Mickey Thompson makes the ATZ's which are also a badass tire. They have a pretty aggressive a/t pattern. I debated those for a while, but they were too wide in a 35"
Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #46
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How have your compressor and lockers worked out so far? I'm debating which way I will go between Detroit lockers and arb. Did some reading about most people liking detroits better, but it was an old article. And not sure if they were talking about trail rigs or daily drivers.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #47

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
How have your compressor and lockers worked out so far? I'm debating which way I will go between Detroit lockers and arb. Did some reading about most people liking detroits better, but it was an old article. And not sure if they were talking about trail rigs or daily drivers.
It comes down to personal preference I suppose. That and which end you're putting the locker in. I went with the selectable front and rear because I wanted to keep it daily driving friendly. Having the ability to choose when I want to be open or locked is a huge perk. The on board compressor has been used a lot. I think I've used it more for on road purposes than I have for off-road purposes.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #48

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Christmas came and went but not without a bang. Snowpocalypse hit Arkansas late Christmas day with freezing rain and heavy snow fall. Around 5pm we lost power along with over 250,000 other people that night. Lucky for us, we got our power back 20 hours later. The following day I just HAD to get out and enjoy the sites. I totally forgot to take my new GoPro as I was so excited to get out. I must say, these new tires are amazing in the snow. I love them. So, here's a few pics with some digitally enhanced ones at the end. Oh, and I also got front and rear WeatherTech mats for Christmas which came in really handy!

My friend's neighbor's house. Really sucks for them

Digitally enhanced

Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #49
premierairfilters.com
PremierAirFilters is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy (Owner) Premier Air Filters
PremierAirFilters's Tacoma Gallery
DROOL....Nice 4runner Jwaldz
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #50
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Mother of god..

Best 4runner build I've seen.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #51
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Any pics of the yellow overlay on your led pods yet?

Considering doing the same in amber...
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #52
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Nice snow pics, Waldo! Only thing that sucks about my job- I never get to play in the snow lol

You go to Superlift this weekend?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #53

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
Looks good! Any pics of the yellow overlay on your led pods yet?

Considering doing the same in amber...
Yup, but my phone's camera doesn't take good night shots. There's a lot of light in the background it's not picking up and it makes it look a little green. It is in fact yellow though and I'm really happy with the turnout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Nice snow pics, Waldo! Only thing that sucks about my job- I never get to play in the snow lol

You go to Superlift this weekend?
I sure did. Went for the Arkansas Crawlers run. I went out in a big group at first but it took forever so I split up and went around with Daniel and Aaron. A local guy off of T4R.org decided to join me and his wife as well. They took tons of pics lol.

Snapped a cv axle on Ravine..

Slab on The Gorge

Friends 4th gen that came with me
Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #54

Dangit! How many CVs does that make now?

Is that Josh's 4th gen?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #55

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dangit! How many CVs does that make now?

Is that Josh's 4th gen?
haha, I think 7 or 8. Not all were broken, a couple had torn boots and i didn't want to reboot them so I just replaced them. They're life time warranty thank god.

That's Preston's 4Runner. I knew him through T4R.org but had never met him until that day. Him and his wife drove to the park to hop in with me and enjoy the sites of harder trails. He had only been there one other time to do the easy stuff.

Here's a few more pics. To view more follow the link, there are TONS of pics.
http://www.slickpic.com/s/TzjURTMU4M...192013?preview

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #56
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I love those lexus wheels! I've been searching craigslist for a set of those LX450 or the similiar landcruiser wheels with no luck so far. Great pics!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #58

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68dave View Post
I love those lexus wheels! I've been searching craigslist for a set of those LX450 or the similiar landcruiser wheels with no luck so far. Great pics!
Thanks! I got them on ebay. Search for "Lexus LX450 wheel" and then on the left under condition click 'used'. This way it weeds out all the other bs. They go for about $100 a piece shipped. I'm getting a rear bumper with swing away with tax return money and I've debated buying an extra for my spare tire.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
haha, I think 7 or 8. Not all were broken, a couple had torn boots and i didn't want to reboot them so I just replaced them. They're life time warranty thank god.

That's Preston's 4Runner. I knew him through T4R.org but had never met him until that day. Him and his wife drove to the park to hop in with me and enjoy the sites of harder trails. He had only been there one other time to do the easy stuff.
I'm glad I don't have the 7.5" diff/CVs! haha

Gotcha. I knew that couldn't be Josh's, but I couldn't think of who else it could have been...

On another note, I had it in my mind that this event was this weekend not last weekend. If I had realized it was last weekend I would have gone. I really gotta work on getting my dates straight lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #60

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On another note, I had it in my mind that this event was this weekend not last weekend. If I had realized it was last weekend I would have gone. I really gotta work on getting my dates straight lol.
You should probably write the next event down on your calender. BTW, I might be going to Katemcy Rocks for the Lone Star LC Roundup. It's in Mason, TX. You should come to it.