4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More

Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #61
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I hear ya. When is it? I've got a lot going on between now and Moab lol. Although I'm hoping to be done with the "Moab list" by March. We'll see...
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #62
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Haha I hear ya. When is it? I've got a lot going on between now and Moab lol. Although I'm hoping to be done with the "Moab list" by March. We'll see...
I forgot you were going to Moab... Super

It's March 14th - 17th. Be leaving that Thursday early morning. Takes close to 9 hours to get there.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #63
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Hey Waldo, which cordless impact do you have? I'm thinking I need to purchase one...

On another note, I'm definitely not gonna make Katemcy this year. My truck is in pieces right now.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #64
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Well bummer man but maybe next time.. You're going to moab anyways which is 10x better! It's the Milwaukee 18v 1/2" with friction ring. It's a beast!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #65

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys.. got a long list of updates. I haven't been keeping up with my build thread over here as much as I have on T4R... MY APOLOGIES

I've been steadily getting ready for my Texas trip for LoneStar Round Up. I've changed all my fuilds out with RedLine oil. This stuff is nice (and expensive!)

Cleaned out Throttle Body and MAF along with dremeling the original steel 'D' gasket to more of an 'O' shape

Before

After

Before

After

Then I fixed one gnarly bad rear u-joint

Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #66

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Installed some BAMF LCA Skids

At the end of January I finally ordered a rear CBI bumper with swing away and single can mount. Currently at the powder coater, looking to pick it up and install it tomorrow

While I've been waiting for the powder coaters I decided it's time to build some cargo boxes and build my subs into them as well. I still plan to carpet them when I get back from my trip and add a strut to each side to keep the lid up when I need to get 2 hands in them.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #67

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Somewhere along the way In my down time I also swapped out a new driver side headlight as my current one had a hole and was getting awfully dirty.

Before

After

I bought some 3x3 fog pattern fogs from okledlightbars and wrapped the lenses in yellow vinyl. They turned out well.

That's about it... I'll leave you guys with a picture of my bare ass

Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #69

Dude that U-joint was toast! How long had you been driving on that?

Nice work on the cargo box too.

Oh, and I hope you're taking lots of pics in Katemcy for all of us unfortunate souls that may not have a vehicle right now lol
Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #70

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude that U-joint was toast! How long had you been driving on that?

Nice work on the cargo box too.

Oh, and I hope you're taking lots of pics in Katemcy for all of us unfortunate souls that may not have a vehicle right now lol
haha, it was pretty bad. Maybe for 4 or 5 days. I tried to drive as little as I could.

If you want to see pics of the trip follow the link below!

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...-mason-tx.html
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #71

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got some better overall pictures of the rear bumper and swing away. Also got some pictures of the damage to the right wing from the trip.

Damage

Compared to above picture

I could probably remove the bumper and bang out the dent as well as try to straighten up the wing but I don't think it would be worth the hassle. Honestly, I doubt this will be the only damage the bumper gets in the new few years lol. Overall, the bumper lines up perfect. They did a great job making sure it fit well with my 2" body lift.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #72

Bumper looks nice man! CBI does good work. Sucks that you've already dented it though.

You coming out to Superlift next weekend?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #73

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bumper looks nice man! CBI does good work. Sucks that you've already dented it though.

You coming out to Superlift next weekend?
haha, I'm just glad I had it when it happened. Had I had the stock bumper it would have most likely given me some body damage. I'll be there Friday evening. When you getting there?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #74

Right now, I plan to be there Friday morning. I need to get on TTORA and see when everybody else is getting there...
Old 03-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #75

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right now, I plan to be there Friday morning. I need to get on TTORA and see when everybody else is getting there...
You wont be alone regardless. Plan on seeing TONS of Jeeps. There is a Jeep event and the ArkansasCrawlers is having their New Guy Run the same weekend. Should be a busy weekend for the park.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #77

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
great rig man....i miss my 97.....my brother has it now and wheels it with me and makes things look easy that my 2nd gen taco makes look hard lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Awesome runner, I love CBI bumpers.
Thanks guys for the compliments!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #78
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Lookin good dude..
Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #79
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
JWaldz thanks for the info in reference to your wheels, i took your advice and purchased a set for my runner from a 97 landcruiser from a salvage yard on ebay. I got'em for $385.00 shipped, center caps included. Now i've read your build thread numerous times and i never noticed that you installed a 1.25" spacer with these wheels, til now. I have the 199mm tundra brakes. Have you had any issues with your All Pro spacers? Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More-003.jpg  
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #80

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68dave View Post
JWaldz thanks for the info in reference to your wheels, i took your advice and purchased a set for my runner from a 97 landcruiser from a salvage yard on ebay. I got'em for $385.00 shipped, center caps included. Now i've read your build thread numerous times and i never noticed that you installed a 1.25" spacer with these wheels, til now. I have the 199mm tundra brakes. Have you had any issues with your All Pro spacers? Thanks again.
I've had them for a while and not had one issue with them. Some say that spacers are closely related to front wheel bearing failure. I do think they may have some sort of relevance to the issue but among other things, it's not the main cause. I've recently replaced one wheel bearing after having ran spacers for almost 2 years now and 35's for a year. The 199mm tundra brakes will cut it close. You may have to use a grinder flap disc to clearance the calipers or inside of the wheel a little. Just make sure you do that first before you go get them mounted and balanced.