4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More

Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #81
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
I can mount/balance them myself at work, so i save some $$$ there. Did you have to grind on your tundra calibers or wheels? I was hoping that with the spacers i would'nt have any clearance issues. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #83
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68dave View Post
I can mount/balance them myself at work, so i save some $$$ there. Did you have to grind on your tundra calibers or wheels? I was hoping that with the spacers i would'nt have any clearance issues. Thanks.
With the spacers, no.. I didn't have to grind down either. I was just saying to avoid running spacers you could do a little grinding. I have the bigger calipers so I had to run bigger spacers. You might be able to get away with some 1/4" slip on spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice build op 4runner is sick
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #84
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. Once again many thanks for the info and quick response.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #85
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice runner

Waldo, nice runner!
And nice pics
Old 05-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #86
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Marty View Post
Waldo, nice runner!
And nice pics
Much appreciated! Thanks for stopping through.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #87

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a couple months since I updated this last. I've had a couple offroad trips and managed to sink the 4runner pretty good on one of them. If you'd like to see the entire story you can follow this link >> Sunk the runner this weekend
However, I'm going to just show a few pics and videos of the past couple months.

Superlift Offroad Park Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPuFpKfFds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0q187qkChc

No music in this one, just raw tire spinning and me being stuck on a ledge lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRq9Vcevs5E

Ouchita National Forest - Sunken 4Runner

Old 07-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #88

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
After I sunk it I had to rip the entire carpet out and wetvac it, get a new muffler, starter, tail lights, oil change, and diff fluid change. Was a long week.

Never seen a nice shiny new one before

LED Tails

Rear Diff Fluid

Since the whole interior got wet my cargo boxes got wet. The MDF did swell a little but I was able to set them out and dry them fairly quick. I decided to go ahead and wrap them as the exterior of them was no longer nice. 1st time doing this, they turned out ok considering all the bends and angles on them.

Lastly, this past weekend I finally got around to doing the timing belt maintenance. With almost 180k it was becoming way over due. Got everything torn apart and found a small leak from the water pump. Glad to get it done and over with.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #89
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig! Lookin sweet.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #90
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Really diggin the rig! Love what you have done to it!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #91

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Thanks guys.

Here's the current project I'm working on. After this, I'm working on some much needed maintenance.

Had some light brackets made

Mocked up.. Still plenty of work to be done, but I'm liking how low this thing is gonna sit.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #92
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
I know who I'm riding with on the next night wheeling trip lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #93
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
Man, I freakin love your 4Runner. It's just gorgeous. And I think the guy who owns that Taco behind you in this pic lives in/around my neighborhood. I drool over it as it drives by about once a week.