4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
JWaldz '99 4Runner Build - Lifted, 35s, Dual Locked + More

1999 LTD Toyota 4Runner, V6, Auto

Suspension & Lift
  • Front 2.5 650lb Extended Length SAW Coilovers
  • Icon Tubular Uni-Ball UCA's (to be installed)
  • Rear 3" OME 891s
  • Bilstein 5125 ext. length rear shocks
  • ToyTec Diff Drop
  • ToyTec Panhard Drop
  • 2" 4Crawler Body Lift

Tires, Wheels, & Brakes
  • 315/75R16 Mickey Thomspon MTZ's
  • 16" '94 Lexus LX450 Wheels
  • 2006 Tundra 231mm Brake Swap
  • All-Pro Offroad 1.25" Hub-Centric Spacers

Offroad, Trail, & Lighting
  • '97 4Runner E-Locker (full axle swap) w/ Retrofit Wiring
  • ARB RD-90 Front AirLocker
  • ARB CKMA12 High Output On-Board Air
  • Nitro Fr/Rr 4.88 Gears
  • B.A.M.F. Kickout Sliders
  • B.A.M.F. LCA Skids
  • Skid-Row Front Skid
  • Tacoma ARB Bumper (modified to fit 2" body lift)
  • CBI Rear Bumper w/ Swing Out & Can
  • Rotopax 1.75G Water & Fuel Packs on Spare Tire Mount
  • 48" Hi-Lift Jack
  • 30" Totron SR Cree LED Bar
  • (2) 3x3 Cree LED Pods
  • Retro-Solutions 55W 8K Bixenon HIDs
  • Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights
  • Clear corners
  • LED Interior/Exterior Lighting

Electronics, Audio, & Performance
  • Kenwood KDC-X794
  • Cobra 18 WX-ST II CB Radio & 4' Firestick Antenna
  • 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs
  • ScanGaugeII
  • Rockford Fosgate Punch 900w monoblock amp
  • DieHard Platinum P-5
  • Blue Sea Fuse Block
  • Bussman 100amp Breaker
  • TRD Trans. Cooler
  • 18" Magnaflow
  • Fog Mod (pre arb)
  • Full Time Outlet Mod
  • Deckplate Mod
  • Rear Diff Breather Extended
  • Antenna On/Off Select Mod
  • Contura V Custom Rockers (OTRATTW)
  • Scion Rockers (Blanks & w/ LED)

Other Additions
  • Front & Rear Wet Okoles
  • Front & Rear Digital WeatherTech Mats
  • Custom Paracord Steering Wheel Wrap
  • Custom Built Rear Cargo Boxes w/ Boxed In Subs
  • Black Pearl Badges
  • Black Pearl Grille

Future Mods
  • Beadlocks
  • TacoBox
  • Whatever other deals I come across

Most Current Pics

Stock (after putting tires on)

Short Pic Timeline

[IMG][/IMG]

If you guys have any questions or want to see any specific pics feel free to ask. Enjoy!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Love it! Almost makes me wish I'd kept mine & built it.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Sick- I swapped in my '02 and miss it. Toyota really blew it making the newer generations so frickin big.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
TW resident Camel
cjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: CJ
cjasu's Tacoma Gallery
Love the look of these runners great rig man
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Sick 4runner. How did you like those federal mud tires?
Old 05-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone.. It's been a great capable rig and through a lot of stages of its build. Only thing I hate is the care for my body panels haha. I'll eventually get something that I won't mind rolling over

The federal tires were extremely loud, even brand new. They balanced well though, slung mud, and had good traction on the main trails. I never used them in the rocks. All that and they're cheap(ish).
Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
nice Runner man, was about to pick one up a week and a half ago and found a 93 Pickup instead. Still want to do a Runner build someday
Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #8

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
nice Runner man, was about to pick one up a week and a half ago and found a 93 Pickup instead. Still want to do a Runner build someday
Thanks bud. If you ever want to make a road trip and come ride with us in Hot Springs I'll show ya what she can do Maybe that will make you get a move on on buying one haha! I think the only thing I have left to do is duals and SAS. But those cost a lot, maybe in a year or so if I still have her.

On a side note, got a couple shots from a recent trip a few weekends ago. Will be heading to the park tomorrow so hope to get a few more.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
flash23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
flash23's Tacoma Gallery
Woo Pig!

Nice set up, man.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
How'd you redo the mounts for the arb to accommodate the bl?
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #11

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
Woo Pig!

Nice set up, man.
WPS! Thanks bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
How'd you redo the mounts for the arb to accommodate the bl?
A buddy and I took the bumper off and cut the mounts in half, welded them back on 2" higher, and gusseted them. Lined up perfect. I don't have a winch (yet), but if I do get one I'll probably plan on reinforcing the end of the frame rails.

Left raised, right stock

Old 08-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #12

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't throw anything up here in a while. Just a few videos and pics from recent trips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFcPo5OZMH4&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FVjpouuqnY&feature=plcp

Old 08-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #13

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I set out on a 2 day 100 mile overland/exploration trip through the Ozark National Forest here in Arkansas a couple weekends ago. Click the link for our detailed route. It was hot, dry and dusty to say the least... did I mention hot? It was fun though and we all had a blast. I really wish we weren't in such a drought right now though. It hasn't been this bad since 1954 I believe. There wasn't much water left anywhere. Where there was, it was hot and stagnant. There were 10 vehicles but 2 didn't stay the night. On to the pics. I may post more when others post theirs.

Cleanup after Landslide Aftermath

All dried up

Compared to last year

Camp
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #14

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery

See, Toyotas and Jeeps can play along.. (cough I made it farther cough)

Pics from others

That's me lol

To see more pics click here
Old 08-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
ccava is on a distinguished road
ccava's Tacoma Gallery
Chad here,
I'm from Little rock area and wheel quite often up in Ozarks as well as Ouachita's. Like to hook up sometime. My Tacoma is not quite as built up as you and your friends rides so won't do too much crawling but trail riding.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #16

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccava View Post
Chad here,
I'm from Little rock area and wheel quite often up in Ozarks as well as Ouachita's. Like to hook up sometime. My Tacoma is not quite as built up as you and your friends rides so won't do too much crawling but trail riding.
If you haven't already, head on over to Central Overland and sign up. That's where all overland and exploration events start up at. Glad to see your interest. You don't need an overkill rig like mine to make it where we went. It's all fun backroad trails!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
sweet ride man!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #18

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy2003 View Post
sweet ride man!
Thank you!!

Well here's an update.

My not even a year old Die Hard Platinum died. Truck had been having issues starting. So I took it up to Sears and they confirmed it was dead, and warrantied it. Just strange why it died and it got me thinking, maybe I need to clean up my rats nest of accessories. So I ordered a Blue Sea Fuse Block and breaker to aid that. I also treated myself to a new Milwaukee Impact Wrench so I can quit borrowing impacts on the trails

I wanted to keep an eye on my Trans Temp since my truck is getting older as well as have a little better idea of how fast I'm going since tires kinda throw that off. So I bought a ScanGaugeII for like $80 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

I was scrounging craigslist for tires, just to see If I can get by not spending a small fortune for new ones and I found these. $300 smackaroos and a 30 min drive later

Sway-A-Way 2.5 CO's

Lastly, before I left to pick up to CO's, I got home and found these at my door step. Man they're sweet!!

B.A.M.F. Sliders

Welp, that's about it.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good bro, keep it up!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #20

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawlzdeep View Post
Lookin good bro, keep it up!
Thanks man

btw, does your mother know your screen name.. I bet she wouldn't approve