4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

jbmccul's 2007 4Runner Build

Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
jbmccul's 2007 4Runner Build

Sherburne WMA, Whiskey Bay, LA (5/11/13)

Current Mods:
FROM THE DEALER:
2007 4Runner 4x2 V6
Sport Edition
- Scooped-Hood
- Sport Edition Roof Rack
- Sport Edition Tube Steps
- Sunroof
- Sport Edition Black/Gray Cloth Seats
- GST Factory Tint
- Automatic Limited Slip Differential

ARMOR:

- BAMF 67" Bolt-On Sliders w/ Kickout Ordered
- CURT INDUSTRIES 5k Tow Hitch

SUSPENSION:

- OME 884 Light Front Coils
- TOYTEC Superflex Rear Coils
- OME 90000 Nitrocharger Front Shocks
- OME 60020 Rear Shocks
- OME Trim Packer

TIRES/WHEELS:

- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain TA KM's 255/75/17
- 17" Satin Black FJ Cruiser Wheels
- SPIDERTRAX 1.25" Hub-Centric Wheel Spacers

LIGHTING:

- 30" Hanma BC Series LED Bar
- Anytime Foglight Mod

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE

- Hydrocarbon Filter Removed

STORAGE/SAFETY:

- Custom Cargo Drawers
- OEM rear cargo net
- HI-LIFT brand Hi-Lift Mounts
- THULE Ride On Adapter
- (2) THULE Prologue Fork Mount Bike Racks
- Firearms/knives
- WeatherTech Floor Liners

COMMUNICATION/NAVIGATION:

- TOMTOM GPS
- IPHONE 4gs
- COBRA 25 NightWatch LTD Classic CB
- FIRESTIK 4' Whip Antenna
- FIRESTIK Quick Disconnect
- FIRESTIK Heavy Duty Spring
- NCG Comet RS720 Lip Mount Antenna Mount
- DIESEL ELECTRONICS 18' Connector Cable

RECOVERY:

- BULLDOG winch-receiver
- D-Ring Shackles

AESTHETICS:

- LSU Front License Plate
- eagle5521 Custom LED Cluster Swap
- SockMonkey TRD Sport “Louisiana” Bedside Decals
- Front Mud Flaps Removed
- Rear Mud Flaps Trimmed
- Plasti-Dipped Grille Surround
- Plasti-Dipped Rear Toyota Badge
- Sport Edition Tube Steps Removed
- Toyota Land Cruiser Association decals
- XM Satellite Radio in factory HU
- BHLM
- Christmas Lights on Roof Rack (Seasonal)

Trip Links/Photos

Catahoula ORV: Sicily Island, LA
12/09/11-12/11/11: Sicily Island December 2011
2/24/12-2/26/12: Sicily Island February 2012
12/28/12-12/30/12: Sicily Island December 2012
3/1/13-3/3/13: Sicily Island March 2013

Kisatchie National Forest: Evangeline Unit
5/26/12-5/28/12: Kisatchie National Forest - Louisiana Land Krewesers
6/22/12-6/24/12: Kisatchie National Forest - Cajun Yotas
10/5/12-10/7/12: Kisatchie National Forest - October 2012

Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area: Gilmer, TX
8/11/12: Barnwell Mountain August 2012
Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Year One
Full of piddly little aesthetic mods and such.

I purchased it on 3/12/11 from Yokem Toyota in Shreveport, LA. Awesome group of guys over there. The next week I broke her in on a trip to Orange Beach

Orange Beach, AL 3/29/11

Added a Aries Brush Guard and 2 Hella 500's

And I installed a Curt Receiver Hitch to add my Yakima Bike rack

Installed and later removed a Cobra CB with a 26" Mag mount I got from Wal-Mart

Getting in the Christmas spirit with some roof rack Christmas lights!

Blacked out Sport rims

LED Dash conversion, thanks Scott (eagle5521)!

Plasti-Dipped Grille
Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #3

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Now the real mods begin

Installed an OME/Toytec light duty 3" lift. Affectionately known as Operation Gingerlift! Big thanks to Brunes and everyone else in Cajun Yotas that helped out

Supervision

Then began the search for rubber. Matt (Blueanimal) gave me 4 Firestone Desination MT's that he had laying around and was kind enough to let me borrow his rims until I could get them swapped over

Added a set of Satin Black FJ Cruiser wheels with the Destination MT's

Spidertrax 1.25" Hub Centric Wheel Spacers and BHLM

Added my BFGoodrich KM1's and relocated my CB antenna mount

Custom Rear Cargo Drawers
Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #4

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures from some of our trips

Sicily Island, LA

Kisatchie National Forest, LA

Barnwell Mountain, TX

Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #5

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved 5
Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
newb!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
looks like CHIT!!!!

jk

good lookin 4R
Old 06-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #8

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
good lookin 4R
Thanks, my old build got too cluttered with mods listed in no particular order
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Thanks, my old build got too cluttered with mods listed in no particular order
yeah i did mine twice and i want to do it again i still dont like it
Old 06-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #10

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
yeah i did mine twice and i want to do it again i still dont like it
I think Ben (98tacoma27) deleted mine for me
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i want to remake mine beofre i delete my old one's lol
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #12

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Then just make a new one!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
iLazy
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice mayne!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Wes, when are you leaving tomorrow?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
EARLY EARLY EARLY.

Early.

Haha IDK man maybe about 7:30ish.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #17

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I gotcha, I'm headed down to Lafayette tomorrow
Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Started my CB install tonight, going to mount it to the crossrails on the roof until I can fab up a better mount.

- COBRA 25 NightWatch LTD Classic CB
- FIRESTIK 3' Whip Antenna
- DIESEL ELECTRONICS 3" Antenna Spring
- DIESEL ELECTRONICS Mirror Mount
- DIESEL ELECTRONICS 18' Connector Cable

Marked off a spot on the roof rails and started drilling.

I'm starting to think that the Toyota factory crossrails are made out of titanium, my buddy and I broke 3 drill bits trying to drill 2 holes in the damn thing. (Gives me an excuse to buy more tools)

EDIT: Finally got the custom mounting bracket to work and was able to install it and the Firestik on the roof

However, since the mod gods hate me it now wants to rain and since I can't fit in my garage anymore The radio install will have to wait.

EDIT: Finally got all the wires run, after a freak hailstorm sent me running for cover. Not realizing I had a 3' antenna on my roof I tried to drive into a garage first and ended up hiding out under an oak tree.

This is what was hitting me

Mounted the mic with some 3M adhesive under the rear window control

The CB is mounted with adhesive tape next to the shifter until i get the balls to drill it in

Night View
Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #20

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
My newest mod.......