4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

ajohnson's horunner

Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Now I'm trying to decide what to do about the gears. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get a high pinion front, but I need to make up my mind before the front shaft gets modified. I think I'm gonna do high pinion front with ARB, Spartan in the rear with possibly a V6 3rd, and get a dual with 4.7's this winter. I would love to have those gear options. Damn this shit is adding up quick.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Now I'm trying to decide what to do about the gears. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get a high pinion front, but I need to make up my mind before the front shaft gets modified. I think I'm gonna do high pinion front with ARB, Spartan in the rear with possibly a V6 3rd, and get a dual with 4.7's this winter. I would love to have those gear options.

If you're going to street it, get your diffs geared to a tiny overgear from stock ratios (appropriate for whatever your tire size is) and let the dual cases do the really heavy lifting offroad. Make sure you can neutral 'em for the highway.

Quote:
Damn this shit is adding up quick.
Yeah, it'll do that.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great man! The TG setup looks pretty solid.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
now that you have a set of 5.29's whats next? also, if you don't mind me asking, what was your carolina truggies total?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #28
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #30
Some do, others talk

I'd put the factory hard top on as well that would add a few hundred
Old 06-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
Some do, others talk

Also will you post how they mounted your rear shocks
Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #34
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. this thing is pure sex
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #36
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
They mounted them in the stock configuration. I will try to remember to get a pic tomorrow, or you can just check it out friday.
wasnt sure if they mounted them inside the leaf springs at 30 degree angle, that may help your rear flex when you get springs broke in
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #38
Some do, others talk

Awesome, I'm planning in doing mine that way once I get ubolt flips and all that
Old 06-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #39
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
So I picked up the new front shaft today but they failed to tell me that the T-case flange holes will not line up with the shaft. No big deal, they are going to take care of that for me next week.

Then I met up with Jerret and bought the 5.29 Motive Gears from him

I'm one of those people that just can't make up their mind and after some debate I have decided to save a little dough and get Spartan lockers front and rear. I will pick up some 35x12.50" Goodyear MTR's in a few weeks and hopefully have the gears set up by the end of July.

I found a dirt pile to play around on. I have been driving around with the 400 lbs. of sand bags in the back since Monday and the springs are starting to soften up. I will leave them in for a couple more weeks and see how it sits.

Pretty good rear flex: