4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

ajohnson's horunner

Old 07-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #41
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
How'd it do?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #42
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Where are the pictures of the rollover?!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #43
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #45
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
I really like what you have going here. I thought it looked/performed well when we went over Memorial Day... but the new lift/steering setup is nice.

What/are you going to do anything case gearing wise? What about lockers?

I'm ready to go to URE again
Old 07-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #46
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
The Welfare Cadilac

Waiting on the parts to get here. Gonna try to get the rear springs tomorrow, probably order the fronts next week , and I still gotta rebuild the passenger side of the axle.

Good news is the death wobble is gone. D/S wheel bearing was the culprit.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
The Welfare Cadilac

Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #51
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
I really like what you have going here. I thought it looked/performed well when we went over Memorial Day... but the new lift/steering setup is nice.

What/are you going to do anything case gearing wise? What about lockers?

I'm ready to go to URE again
I need to rebuild the rear brakes and block off the LSPV, whenever I get around to that I will have the 5.29's installed with Spartan lockers front and rear.

I'm hoping to have dual cases in this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Waiting on the parts to get here. Gonna try to get the rear springs tomorrow, probably order the fronts next week , and I still gotta rebuild the passenger side of the axle.

Good news is the death wobble is gone. D/S wheel bearing was the culprit.
I can't wait to see this little black beast do work.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks like I will be doing that brake work real soon. The brake booster started leaking today, causing the engine to idle erratically with the brake depressed. I already have vented rotors and larger calipers on the front, just need to see if my master cylinder has been upgraded and I will order the parts and get to work.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #53
Glamour Shot

Alright, the horunner has been sitting for a couple weeks now , I got most of the parts I think I need. 1" bore master cylinder, T-100 brake booster. Also rear brake drums, shoes, and hardware kit. I still need to get a proportioning valve so I can dial in the rear brakes after I block off the LSPV. I might have to find a mechanic to do this for me. I know that sounds lazy but I just don't have the fucking time right now and its pissing me off, not to mention I have no garage and it has been hot as hell.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #54
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If it's really gonna drive you insane, your local good indy Toyota mechanic may be the right call.

There's been more than one occasion where I've paid someone to do the work I could do because I didn't want to do it. That's why you make the money in the first place, right?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #56
Glamour Shot

I assumed the brake booster is leaking even though I don't hear the hissing that usually occurs. Today I believe I found out the real problem when I could smell gas inside the cab; a torn rubber fuel line between the pump and the hard line. Not a big deal I hope. I'm not sure if I will need to drop the tank to replace the hose, if so I will consider replacing the pump and filter while it is out.

...Oh yea, I'm glad I didn't blow up.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #57
The Welfare Cadilac

How's the suspension doing?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #59
tacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobot's Tacoma Gallery
I love this!

Products Discussed in this Thread