4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

ajohnson's horunner

Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #903
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
I bet it's leaky right where the cover and head meet. Thats where mine was leaking at. Check to see if the bolt that runs from the head to the cover is loose. You'll have to take the dizzy out. As for the crank pulley you can get a repair kit at the parts store.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #904
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
I bet it's leaky right where the cover and head meet. Thats where mine was leaking at. Check to see if the bolt that runs from the head to the cover is loose. You'll have to take the dizzy out. As for the crank pulley you can get a repair kit at the parts store.
I'm going to tighten down the bolts on the cover, replace the crank seal and oil pump o ring and hope it stays dry. Like I said, I'm going to use a late model crank seal that is 7mm thick, as opposed to the 11mm stock seal. The 7mm seal can be set off of the groove on the crank pulley. No need to spend money on a sleeve.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #907
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone with Dave over at Oliver's. Came away from the conversation VERY impressed. He listened, gave full explanations, etc. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll be over his way to get my driveshaft situation sorted out early next week.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #908
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Just got off the phone with Dave over at Oliver's. Came away from the conversation VERY impressed. He listened, gave full explanations, etc. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll be over his way to get my driveshaft situation sorted out early next week.
Awesome, I really enjoyed dealing with Dave.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #909
Glamour Shot

I got everything bolted back together lastnight. Brought some fresh oil home today, filled her up and cranked it up. I found a couple bolts leaking on the water pump, and oil seeping out the top of the water pump so I tightened those down. Had to retighten a bolt on the bottom of the oil pump, and everything looks pretty good now. I would say 96.3% leak free. It is seeping where the timing chain cover meets the cylinder head but not enough to bother me at this point.

I turned some lights on and the GM alternator seems to do a much better job. I will try to get a volt meter on it to see exactly what it is doing.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #911
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I replaced another bad DDM bulb today . I also tested the battery/alternator; @ idle, 14.53v with no load, 14.13v with every light on.
That is damn good!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #913
Glamour Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Nice work on the alternator! The old Yota drivetrain's are bullet proof, but their stock electrical systems leave you wanting a little more
Yes indeed. Now I am pissed that I didn't get a bigger battery though. I'll probably pick up a deep cycle because I now think I want to put a winch on this jaberdoo

Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #914
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure all the hardware was probably in that little envelop that was open. That was how my TG bumper shipped from them.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #916
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Thats what I'm thinking too . I'll just make a run to fastenal one day this week.
Must have j00 rims and 35's now
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #919
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Oh and I just looked at MadToy's build, he cut 3" out of his fenders. Get to work!
Seent. Gives me money mr moneybags. I need to figure out why mah shit wants to throw a code once a drive and why it wants to act stoopid from time to time first. What sux is I would have to cut back the cbi bumper too
Old 05-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #920
Glamour Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
Seent. Gives me money mr moneybags. I need to figure out why mah shit wants to throw a code once a drive and why it wants to act stoopid from time to time first. What sux is I would have to cut back the cbi bumper too
I take truck, it no act stoopid when you drive cause you no drive it anymore. Problem solved. You wheel FRS, laugh at Jeeps.