4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

ajohnson's horunner

Old 03-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #1441
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTaco View Post
get this thing rolling
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
likely excuse. just say laziness
Don't you see the mad face? That means I'm fucking pissed about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Every time I come in here I find myself wanting an old 4runner.
Reds are in 2nd
He'll yea YNWA! My sister was across the pond last week visiting her step-daughter, said she got me some red goodies! I got a good ticket for the match against Milan here in Charlotte
Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #1442
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know about parts. I'm gonna to order a Detroit for the rear.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #1443
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
He'll yea YNWA! My sister was across the pond last week visiting her step-daughter, said she got me some red goodies! I got a good ticket for the match against Milan here in Charlotte
Nice! I want some red goodies! That's awesome on the tickets! What date is that?
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #1446
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
August 2nd
Im gonna have to look into going to that!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #1447
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Make up your mind! . I'll try to get everything I don't want taken off soon so I can get some moniez for moar parts.
I'm going Detroit for sure. I know it's a little more dough but I've done a lot of reading on it and I watched on in action last night and was very impressed. Plus I've got a friend that is willing to help with the install.

And I do want your rear leafs (if they are not wore out) and your tcase. If you aren't using any of the drive shafts let me know.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #1448
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
I'm going Detroit for sure. I know it's a little more dough but I've done a lot of reading on it and I watched on in action last night and was very impressed. Plus I've got a friend that is willing to help with the install.

And I do want your rear leafs (if they are not wore out) and your tcase. If you aren't using any of the drive shafts let me know.
Werd, sounds like a good choice.

I'm definately keeping my front shaft, and maybe the rear to make spares. Still have the stock rear shaft from the '85. If you are doing dual cases you will want a double cardan rear shaft, like the stock front, so you don't have vibes. I had a shop clearance an '87 front d/c shaft for more angle and build it for the rear and it is smooth as silk. I had bad vibes with the stock driviline and TG springs because of the angle. You might be able to just swap the driveshafts around, because the front angle decreases so much with dual cases, and even more if you get a front HP. I have clearanced single joints on my front shaft and it works great. I didn't know any better when Carolina truggies installed my suspension and they kept my stock front double cardan driveshaft and had someone build me a new one from scratch
Old 03-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #1449
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! I can't tell you exactly where Potts is, I just follow the gps with coordinates. It's about 30 min north of Roanoke. It's fun as hell, I'll try to remember to let you know next time I'm going.

I got my spot cleaned up in the backyard but couldn't get any help to move the '87 this weekend. . Hopefully one evening this week.
Yep, we're thinking of the same place. I have a few friends who go up there on occasion.

And I hear you. Sometimes it can be a PITA trying to get things done by yourself. I'm still not sure where I can put my cab yet to work on the floor pans and cab mounts.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #1450
Stop staring at me swan!

Yeah I remember you recommending that and it seems like the way to go. For my go to setup I think you're idea is best, just swapping the current ones around but I do think it would be a good idea to get a spare set.

I'm gonna get those doors started this week and get the alternator swapped the week after next. I think I need to order the TG battery box. I'll snag some pictures of the current battery "tray".
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #1452
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Lol. I want to swap my battery to the drivers side to combat the lean. I'm sick of it and people asking me why.

I wonder if the TG box would make it easy to mount this monster...

Its made specifically for those batteries so I would think so. I'm going to have mine welded into place. They are like $40 I think.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #1454
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is the biggest battery Diehard makes. TG box won't work out the box for me.

Group 31? Pelfreybilt makes a box but might need some mods to fit the t4r
Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #1456
Stop staring at me swan!

Ah well then that won't work lol. I may go for one of the batteries that will fit just to keep things simpler for myself. Do you think it would be ok to wire the winch directly to the battery? The only other part hooked up to is is the CB.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #1458
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I imagine it's ok, since that's the way I wired mine
Werd.

I'm just trying to keep things simple for the time being. I want to be able to wheel this summer, not chase problems/broken shit. My new job will allow me to finally have weekends this summer.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #1459
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know why I wasn't subb'd to this...easily one of my favorite trucks on here