4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Ye Old 90 4Runner

Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Ye Old 90 4Runner

Current pic as of January 2013

Well..
Woke up one morning and decided enough was enough, tired of beating on a $30k vehicle that I was still paying on.
Parted out the FJ and traded in for a fun DD & was on the hunt for a new weekend beater/camp vehicle
After looking at multiple Jeeps and a couple SFA 4runners, I decided that I wanted to find an all stock 4runner and make it my own. This will be a long term project and something to keep the A.D.D under control for awhile
Started as a 100% stock
Picked it up for $1600 bucks and she needed some love
info:
1990 4runner v6 (3.slow) 5 speed 4x4
4.56 gears-open open for now( soon to be 4.88's and locked f+r)
1.5" lift
285/75/16 BFG KM2's w/ kmc enduros
black widow roof backet with axe/shovel/60" hi lift
hardwired on board masterflow 1050
Cobra 75wxst with firestik
Trailgear tube bumper with XRC8 winch
removed the front sway bar
Aisin manual hubs
Ford Taurus electric fan mod with adjustable thermostatic probe
More to come, Just want to keep a log and share my new weekend beater.

washed it up and gave the interior a good scrubbing and it felt clean enough to drive now lol

Shortly after taking ownership I started experiencing some overheating issues so I tore into it and replaced the thermostat, radiator, and converted to an electric fan with an adjustable thermostatic probe

ditched the old clutch fan set up

mayday approves of the new beater lol

still had my 285/75/16 km2's with enduros sitting around so I threw them on and added a rear coil spacer I also had laying around.

also started going crazy with blacking out the chrome trim

took it to the trail behind my house and heard some clicking noises when I was in 4wd...checked...and the cv's were toast.
replaced both cv's

Was pretty happy with the 4runner

and then ...yupp...mod bug bit me again

Trailgear stinger bumper... must have been a swarm of mod bugs hovering around me ...because I immediately went back to the laptop and started ordering more
1.5" lift with new (rancho shocks-eh...they will do for now) roof basket, mounted my xrc8, roof rack goodies, hardwired my masterflow 1050, installed the cobra 75wxst and fire stik and removed my rear bumper & hitch for better clearance.

Aisin Manual hub swap... time for some traction mawdz

BUT
have two money pits sucking me dry
Old 11-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
reserved
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #4

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Reserved to ridicule and laugh at later.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Reserved to ridicule and laugh at later.
x2
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
great looking 4runner!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #8

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Coulda swore new shit happened to the runnah lately...hm...

haha. yea I need to stay away from pick a part
scored a 94 front clip, rear roll bar from a 1st gen 4runner(need to trim 2")and a cs130 alternator for my swap. This dinky 60amp alternator is a joke lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
great looking 4runner!
Thanks Diego!
shoot me a text next time you're in the area
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
I think one of these is going to my next beater
Old 12-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #10

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
I think one of these is going to my next beater
thanks to the cash for clunkers... PLENTY of them in the junk yards
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking 4Runner. I love that look and love the mods you have done so far. Keep it up!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #14

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
Very nice looking 4Runner. I love that look and love the mods you have done so far. Keep it up!
thanks for the kind words
Quote:
shut it whore
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna get me an old runner. I need a dedicated toy.