4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

4Running Daily's Build Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
4Running Daily's Build Thread

Now as of 05/18/2014
DSC_0257 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr
DSC_0237 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr

Personal info: I’m 17 first of all. I got my license on July 18th, 2012. I’m a pretty serious mountain biker. I live in Escondido, Ca. 4Running Daily is my username because it is my Daily Driver currently.

My Runner:
History: Dad leased it new, and then bought it with the intentions on me driving it to high school (successful). He took it up Black Bear Pass in Colorado, all stock. It was stolen out of my garage and was found about 16 hours later full of Candy and a printer that wasn’t mine. I have woken up in the morning to it being covered in Toilet Paper 6 times now.

Black Bear Pass in 1996

Washing it when I was 3

When I got it
Typical Stuff:
1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
Evergreen Pearl with Blue/Grey Interior
5 Speed
155k miles
Terrible Clear Coat

After a Few $$ and some blood, sweat, and tears

Mileage:
177,000 miles

Mods:
Re-Painted Evergreen Pearl
Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit
Deckplate Mod
Double-Din Radio
Custom made Walnut Shift Knob
Painted all trim including Wheels!
Borla Muffler
ARB Compressor
Yukon Grizzly Zip Air Locker
255/85/r16 BFG KM2's
Savage Off-Road Sliders
Savage Off-Road Front Bumper
Savage Off-Road Full Skid Plates
Camburg Uni-ball Upper Control Arms
Any7 Off-Road Gas Tank Skid

Maintenance
-02/02/12 New Rear Drum Brakes
-03/31/12 Repainted Evergreen Pearl
-05/12/12 157,299 miles New front rotors
-07/26/12 158,623 New Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder
-159,500 New Toyota Fuel Filter
-159,500 Oil Change with Toyota Oil filter
-159,500 New Toyota PCV Valve
-159,500 All new fluids in both differentials, the transmission, and transfer case
-159,500 New air filter
-159,500 New Borla XR-1 Muffler
-159,500 Spark plugs and wires replaced with new NGK ones
-159,500 Throttle Body and MAF cleaned
-162,500 Oil Change with Toyota Oil Filter
-163,684 New Front Brake pads
-164,444 Newly rebuilt passenger head installed and new head gaskets
-165,400 New Air Filter
-167,362 New Starter Contacts and Sunroof Motor
-05/29/13 New Power Steering Pump Bearing/Seal and fluid flush
-07/23/13 New Suspension
-07/27/13 New Tires
-07/29/13 New Clutch Master Cylinder
-168,500 Oil Change
-168,600 Alignment at The Truck Shop in Miramar
-169,000 Tire Rotation
-169,000 New Rear Main Seal
-169,000 New Flywheel
-169,000 New shifter bushings
-169,000 New clutch disc
-169,000 New pressure plate
-169,000 New pilot bearing
-169,000 New release bearing
-172,000 New Hella Horns
-172,000 New Front Sway Bar Bushings
-172,220 Oil Change
-172,562 New Outer Tie Rods
-172,562 Reman'd Power Steering Rack
-172,562 Power Steering Fluid Flush
-172,562 Alignment
-173,148 Coolant Flush
-173,148 Thermostat and T-Stat Gasket Installed
-175,000 Rear Hatch Lift Struts Replaced
-175,500 New Toyota Lower Ball Joints installed
-175,500 Used Camburg Uni-Ball Upper Control Arms Installed (8,000 miles old)
-175,900 Oil Change
-175,900 Tire Rotation
-177,154 Engine #2 Installed
Mileage of Engine #2 on time of install 92,000 miles
New Toyota Genuine Parts installed at install of Engine #2
-Coolant
-6 Rebuilt Injectors
-Water Pump
-Thermostat and Gasket
-Timing Belt
-2 Timing Belt Idler Bearings
-6 Spark Plugs
-2 Camshaft Seals
-2 Crankshaft Seals
-Oil Filter
-Release Bearing
-Valve Cover Seal Washer
-6 Spark Plug Seals
-2 Valve Cover Gaskets
-PCV Valve and Grommet
-3 Belts
-Oil Pan

Paint:

Took it Off-Roading:

Pancake Rock

Corral Canyon

CorralCanyonAug2013052_zps1d3df083 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr

Deer Springs

DSC_0093 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr

DSC_0041 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr

Gorman
(1st Time)

(2nd Time)

DSC_0374 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr

DSC_0388 by 4Running Daily, on Flickr

Johnson Valley

Various other shots

Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, that is some cool history to have with the truck, especially those old pics.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Great history and 4Runner! I like the picture of you washing it when you were young. I don't see how you didn't fall leaning over that much lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man. All I have left from when I was a babe is the couch and lazyboy my parents bought before they had me haha Nice Runner!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Nice, that is some cool history to have with the truck, especially those old pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
Great history and 4Runner! I like the picture of you washing it when you were young. I don't see how you didn't fall leaning over that much lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Awesome man. All I have left from when I was a babe is the couch and lazyboy my parents bought before they had me haha Nice Runner!
Thanks guys! It's definitely an awesome story to go along with an awesome 4Runner.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
carlos82 is on a distinguished road

Name: JUAN
carlos82's Tacoma Gallery
great restoration project bro.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos82 View Post
great restoration project bro.
Thanks man!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #8

Not my greatest idea

Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck! Awesome story too!

Can't wait to see what the future holds for that thing
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
Awesome truck! Awesome story too!

Can't wait to see what the future holds for that thing
I can tell you 255/85/16 KM2's are coming in summer!

Thanks for the kind words!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was set on the same thing! But bought a DSLR and am going to Jerusalem this summer instead. Maybe next summer.

Keep that thing alive forever, man. They're disappearing quick.

I'd love a Runner for vehicle camping/exploring etc. It's much nicer to be able to crawl from driver seat to the back if need be. I'd hate to be caught asleep in the bed of the Pickup with a crazy outside . . .
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
I can tell you 255/85/16 KM2's are coming in summer!

Thanks for the kind words!
No worries. Had no idea you were 16 haha.

Go for 235 pizza cutters!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #13

31.7" vs 33.4" hmmm 255s!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #14

Quote:
31.7" vs 33.4" hmmm 255s!
I have 285's. Those are expensive and terrible for mileage. Go 255 or 245 if you can find them
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #15

Quote:
I was set on the same thing! But bought a DSLR and am going to Jerusalem this summer instead. Maybe next summer.

Keep that thing alive forever, man. They're disappearing quick.

I'd love a Runner for vehicle camping/exploring etc. It's much nicer to be able to crawl from driver seat to the back if need be. I'd hate to be caught asleep in the bed of the Pickup with a crazy outside . . .
Already have a DSLR

Ya, it should be a sweet Expo rig after I'm done with it.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #16

Quote:
I have 285's. Those are expensive and terrible for mileage. Go 255 or 245 if you can find them
Research has led me to 255/85/16 KM2.

Yepp I'm a 16 year old hoodlum.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Research has led me to 255/85/16 KM2.

Yepp I'm a 16 year old hoodlum.
Jesus Christ lol. I ran KM2's once. Bladed the fuck out of them and now I have one as a spare for my set of Duratracs.

My DD tires on a second set of wheels are 265/65/17 Bridgestones.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Jesus Christ lol. I ran KM2's once. Bladed the fuck out of them and now I have one as a spare for my set of Duratracs.

My DD tires on a second set of wheels are 265/65/17 Bridgestones.
I'm keeping my Firestone Destinations A/T as my daily's

Not going to drive to and from school 5 days a week on $1,000 worth of rubber haha
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #19

Quote:
I'm keeping my Firestone Destinations A/T as my daily's
Second set of wheels?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Second set of wheels?

I have some ideas. Haha