4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

NW4RUNNER 2011 Trail build

Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Great looking 4runner man!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #22
hogdoc is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
hogdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Things about to get a lot more boss this weekend.
NW4RUNNER, what lift is that? My parents picked up a trail tonight and the dealer said there was no lift available due to the electronic suspension. Did you have any issues installing it? Thanks hogdoc

BTW, looks BAD ASS!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #23
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdoc View Post
NW4RUNNER, what lift is that? My parents picked up a trail tonight and the dealer said there was no lift available due to the electronic suspension. Did you have any issues installing it? Thanks hogdoc

BTW, looks BAD ASS!

I had no problem with any electronics. The dealer was wrong obviously. It amazes me how they can let people so ignorant try and sell things they know very little about. Our lift is the Old Man Emu 3" full lift kit. Comes with front coilovers that you swap out and rear spings and shocks. I bought the lift for about 1K from the Toytec website. I installed it in my garage with BensonX. The rear end was harder than the front. It took about a full days work. Love it so far. The kits have special components for KDSS. Just look into what is needed if yours has KDSS and other features. Surprisingly I was able to run 33" BFG KM2s on the stock suspension for a year before getting the lift with slight rub. Thanks for noticing the truck. I love this thing to death.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Glad you love it! I just love staring at it

I pretty much just get to stare at it too man. These two Nazis seem to need it for some different reason every day.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #27

Quote:
LOOOOOOL Mall crawling? Lol I'm sure you don't mind them being in some of the best transportation on the planet.

haha. Absolutely not.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #28
hogdoc is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
hogdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, I will check into toytec!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #29

Thanks RuggedT for the TRD decal. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #30

Got some ricer lights to install on this week. Best things about the 2014 4 runners, they come from factory with HIDs.
Attached Thumbnails
NW4RUNNER 2011 Trail build-morimoto-20mini-20d2s-20iiil.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #31
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Thanks RuggedT for the TRD decal. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Looks good!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Looks good!

Thanks again man!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #33

So I spent the past 2 days instlling my HIDs. TRS says 3 hours of install time. All I can say is absolute BS. I would love to see what these things look like after a 3 hour install. I spent a total of $500 on all the lights, equipment, extra tools, etc and it took about 19 hours of solid work. Here is some outline.

Step one: Bumper off. This hella sucked.

Next, Baked lights, took them completely apart, Sanded bowl of lights, cleaned and painted bowls black, assembled Angel eye Halos, assembled shrouds, hooked up wire harness, Relay, Mounted both ballasts under hood, Tested lights, Sealed shrouds, Baked lights again, reassembled lights, Installed lights, Installed bumper, Adjusted aiming of lights. Some results:

The project sucked. Super stressful and I don't know how long until there is a problem with them. As far as performance, they work amazing and look great.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #34
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Lets just hope they dont let water in.. Mine leaked the first time(rushing..) and it was a BITCH opening them back up again..

Looks good though
Old 01-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Lets just hope they dont let water in.. Mine leaked the first time(rushing..) and it was a BITCH opening them back up again..

Looks good though

Thanks. Honestly, if these fail or fill with water, I'd probably drive it to dealer and say put stock lights back in it. There is a point where HIDs are not worth it.

Quote:
They do look great man. I sure hope with all that effort, that they last without issue.
Thanks man. Hope It works for a long ass time.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #38

Quote:
I hear you on the "there's a point where HIDs are not worth it." I think they are too much trouble and i hate when people just stick them in their stock housings with out properly modifying them like you did. Personally i just want two giant LEDs for headlights

Two big ass LEDs would be bad ass. They'd probably be super dangerous though. Its crazy how much light the LED halos alone emit. you could almost drive with them at night. I hear you on the ricers putting crappy purple HID bulbs in their stock housings. The 1989 accords around seattle are notorious for this. I like the truck too much to do that. I hope I continue to love them, as of now I'd say its not worth it. But with knowing how to do it, If I did it again it would probably be easier.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #39