4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

85 4Runner: Attempted Build

Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
Very nice. All the goodies that came with it are sweet. Mine had a pile of work history, oil changes and receipts from all the work that was done over the previous 2 owners. Without it I may not have bought it. Insight is always good.

When you upgrade your headers, be very careful removing the bolts and or studs. Helicoils are a pain in the ass. My exhaust manifold is a nightmare.

Keep the OE color. FJ colors are just that. An FJ only wishes it was as cool as this.

I can help with any questions you may have if you need any input.

You can do 37's on 3-4 inches easily. Don't go any taller than that.

Nice Ride and Good luck
Alright I'll post up a picture when the weather clears up of the header and let you see what ya think. I can hear it rattling around through the floor boards.

Good call on the color. I am not going to repaint it for a while, but I agree on keeping it the OE color. Ideally, I would be stoked to have a 3" lift and 37's. I think I am gonna just do RUF and Chevy's. I keep going back and forth about that or a TG 5" kit and take some of the leafs out.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Love it OP. 1st gen 4runners are my absolute favorite Toyota 4x4's ever. Congrats on the purchase. Keep posting up pictures so I can fap to them.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #24
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I suggest you take it wheeling and check out some other rigs and see how what works. Mike is running RUF and 63's on his pickup. I am pretty happy with my TG 4" suspension but I want to take a leaf out of each pack to drop it down some. TG 5" is too tall IMO.
True. When is the next URE outing? After you drop your cases in? I haven't been in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Love it OP. 1st gen 4runners are my absolute favorite Toyota 4x4's ever. Congrats on the purchase. Keep posting up pictures so I can fap to them.
Thanks man! And don't worry, I have a feeling this thread is going to be pic heavy I always loved the older Toyotas. I just can't believe I found one in as good of shape as it is in. I always read about it but I was finally able to pull the trigger. I did't think I was going to be able to get a 1st gen until a few more years, but a couple quick moves got me something I have dreamed of for a long time. The plan is to build it as strong as possible the first time, so that way I can just be done with the build and really have fun with it!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Yup if everything works out as soon as I get the driveshafts I am taking it out to test everything. We should plan a trip for early May.
If it can get scheduled past the 10th I can make it because that will be the last week of class.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
11th-12th?
Sounds good to me. I will ask for those dates but I will probably have to choose between 11th-12th or the Memorial Day weekend ride. I will have better luck for the 11th-12th but I would prefer to be there for Memorial Day, but I just know work is gonna be bat shit that weekend.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #29
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Sounds good to me. I will ask for those dates but I will probably have to choose between 11th-12th or the Memorial Day weekend ride. I will have better luck for the 11th-12th but I would prefer to be there for Memorial Day, but I just know work is gonna be bat shit that weekend.
Its all good. You should try to make the Memorial Day trip. I had fun last year but I didn't get to spend the whole weekend there. If that weekend doesn't work out and you want to go another weekend let me know.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Its all good. You should try to make the Memorial Day trip. I had fun last year but I didn't get to spend the whole weekend there. If that weekend doesn't work out and you want to go another weekend let me know.
Yeah I'm thinking make Memorial Day the main dates to try to get and have the 11th-12th as a backup. This just gives me incentive to get my exhaust straightened out lol
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Sub-sandwich.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #33
Stop staring at me swan!

So I plan on ordering one of these by the end of the week: http://www.trail-gear.com/headers

Hopefully I will have time to install it next week, then have the exhaust rerouted the following week. My only concern is getting the exhaust work done in this area. I trust my guy back home but he is 1.5 hours away from me.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #36
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
You order dat header yet?
No . Probably going to order it the beginning of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
very cool find.....id love to find an 85
Thanks man. Put it into 4x4 for the first time today and it worked like a charm. Pulled right up the tallest curb you've ever damn seen
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #38
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Are you gonna put it in yourself?
I'm going to attempt to. I've never done anything like that but it seems simple enough on paper.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #39
Stop staring at me swan!

Hmm...for the money, the LCE header seems to be a better choice. Plus I can choose to get new hardware, which isn't a bad idea.

http://www.lceperformance.com/Street...-p/1041036.htm

That is about $40 more than the TG one.