4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

85 4Runner: Attempted Build

Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #41
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I personally would go with the good 'ole made in USA LC Engineering header.

edit: Oh, and get me one too
I am starting to lean more towards that one than the TG one. I'll order one up for you too if you wanna order me some a dual case setup

Drove it to work for the first time. 25 miles up the mountain and I was struggling in 3rd and 4th the whole way . Probably won't make that drive again until I regear. Which reminds me I need to over gear fo sho. Other than that it did great. I also realized how much I would love a hi-steer
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #42
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Go with LCE!

I haven't regretted it anyway. No more downshifting on the hills on the highway. However, I did do quite a few other things all at once so it's not all the header.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #43
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
I am starting to lean more towards that one than the TG one. I'll order one up for you too if you wanna order me some a dual case setup

Drove it to work for the first time. 25 miles up the mountain and I was struggling in 3rd and 4th the whole way . Probably won't make that drive again until I regear. Which reminds me I need to over gear fo sho. Other than that it did great. I also realized how much I would love a hi-steer
I could not go over 60 mph on the highway with stock gears and 33's. I regeared to 5.29's with 35's and it is awesome. Also, yes you would love hi-steer. It is a huge improvement over the factory push-pull crap.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #44
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Go with LCE!

I haven't regretted it anyway. No more downshifting on the hills on the highway. However, I did do quite a few other things all at once so it's not all the header.
Looks good! Did it come with a new heat shield? I didn't see one listed...

Quote:
I could not go over 60 mph on the highway with stock gears and 33's. I regeared to 5.29's with 35's and it is awesome. Also, yes you would love hi-steer. It is a huge improvement over the factory push-pull crap.
After doing some more research, I might stay with the Iron Man lift and do 35's. I need to do more searching about gears and lockers because I can't decide between a selectable locker or a lunch box style locker. Hi-steer has moved higher up on the to-do list.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #46
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
SO MANY CHOICES
I know and I am already so indecisive as it is.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #48
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I know how you feel, I was/am the same way.
How do you like DDing with your locker?

Fuck I need to focus on one thing at a time lol
Old 04-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #50
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
The Spartan style locker makes a bunch of racket, at times I thought the ass end of the truck exploded. Move mine to the front and welded the rear. Liking it much better now.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #51
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I had a spool and it would get annoying, but sometimes it was fun to scare people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
The Spartan style locker makes a bunch of racket, at times I thought the ass end of the truck exploded. Move mine to the front and welded the rear. Liking it much better now.
I do not think I want to do anything like that because I still wanna mall crawl, and I have no resources to turn it into a trail queen, nor do I want to with this rig. It would be a lot more cost efficient to do what you did though. If I find some donor doors, would you be willing to cut em up for me and put in a swanky cup holder? Cause dat would be da dopest
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #52
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
you come and buy a truck in raleigh and don't even holla at you boy? sketch yo.

........ oh, nice runner
Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #54
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I do not think I want to do anything like that because I still wanna mall crawl, and I have no resources to turn it into a trail queen, nor do I want to with this rig. It would be a lot more cost efficient to do what you did though. If I find some donor doors, would you be willing to cut em up for me and put in a swanky cup holder? Cause dat would be da dopest
If u trying to swag at the mall I would go against the lunchbox lockers. Unless you want everyone to look and wonder what the hell just exploded. I didn't really care I just didn't want a welded diff up front.

Yeah I could do that for a nominal fee.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #56
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
you come and buy a truck in raleigh and don't even holla at you boy? sketch yo.

........ oh, nice runner
The whole thing happened really fast lol. Are you going to the Memorial Day URE trip? Cause I need a co-pilot and good tunes lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post

Quote:
If u trying to swag at the mall I would go against the lunchbox lockers. Unless you want everyone to look and wonder what the hell just exploded. I didn't really care I just didn't want a welded diff up front.

Yeah I could do that for a nominal fee.
What about running a Spartan like Adam?

And how about paying in beers? Or gum?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #57
The Welfare Cadilac

I put the Spartan in the front and welded the rear. So far so good. Not 21 And don't really chew alot of gum.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #59
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I put the Spartan in the front and welded the rear. So far so good. Not 21 And don't really chew alot of gum.
Damn didn't even realize.

Alright. After I get my exhaust straightened out, I am thinking about doing wheels/tires/gears and hopefully a rear locker all at the same time. Leaning towards 35's on 15's and 5.29's.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #60
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The whole thing happened really fast lol. Are you going to the Memorial Day URE trip? Cause I need a co-pilot and good tunes lol
god i wish so bad dude. no my stupid sister is getting stupid married that saturday. . . i was pretty excited when i saw the thread...... now it just bums me out everytime it pops back up haha.